Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How am I going to keep this secret!?!?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I cannot believe it, I took a pregnancy test right after my Husband left for work...POSITIVE! I am very excited but also very nervous to share this with anyone. 

I have a great respect for our bodies & fertility and certainly do not want to share this news until we are certain this baby will be around for sometime :)

& now for the excitement....we leave to spend the week with my Family tonight, how am I ever going to keep this news private & secret until we are ready to share!? Any tips 

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Lol good luck! I just found out I am pregnant and we arent telling family until after Xmas, its tough!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmibbies
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM

lol good luck with that when i found out last march i was pregnant with my daughter we were going to wait until the reception at our wedding to tell everyone so we could tell everyone at once, yeah that did not happen! I spilled the beans like a week later

funhappymom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Good luck. Not spilling the beans is hard to do.

Join us in the Pregnancy group

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Just don't. I decided the next time I get pregnant, I'm just not gonna tell anyone, ever. Until they say something to me and I'll be like, "Oh yeah."

Momma2013
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

We didn't tell anyone except my bf was there when I took the test and he told his bf and very few close co-workers each. But when we were around family - we said nothing! It was actually really cool because it was like our little secret. We were both really happy but with miscarriage and everything, we wanted to be safe before getting everyone involved. I was "16 weeks" when we told. Which was actually 18 weeks, oops :)

LilMamaK
by Kaht on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I couldn't do it! LOL! I'd be too excited! good luck though, and congrats!

*~*Wifey To Tommy(2.4.11), Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & Our Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM
I don't understand why people wait. I understand your could have a miscarriage in the first three months, but a child can be lost any time during pregnancy. Finding it you're pregnant should be something to celebrate not hide. Needless to say I probably won't be telling anyone next time I'm pregnant. Not even my husband until he notices, which he probably never would. I've been taking prenatal vitamins since I'm breastfeeding so he'd never know I was taking them for pregnancy. My family and I don't really associate so they'd surely never see. But last time turned into my sisters attacking me saying I would abuse my child and even tried to have the baby taken away right when she was born. Not going through that again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Good luck! I had planned on not telling anybody until beginning of my second trimester, but decided to tell the day we got our bfp's!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM
You don't understand why people wait, but you would do it for several reasons you listed? OK Lol.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I don't understand why people wait. I understand your could have a miscarriage in the first three months, but a child can be lost any time during pregnancy. Finding it you're pregnant should be something to celebrate not hide. Needless to say I probably won't be telling anyone next time I'm pregnant. Not even my husband until he notices, which he probably never would. I've been taking prenatal vitamins since I'm breastfeeding so he'd never know I was taking them for pregnancy. My family and I don't really associate so they'd surely never see. But last time turned into my sisters attacking me saying I would abuse my child and even tried to have the baby taken away right when she was born. Not going through that again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I couldn't wait to tell people I was pregnant! I got so excited even tho it was an accidental pregnancy and the bd is not in the picture. but I've made it 2 and 1/2 years I can go longer with the support of my family:)

Quoting TigOlBitties:

You don't understand why people wait, but you would do it for several reasons you listed? OK Lol.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN