Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i am the only one who knows my dad is unfaithful to my mom. i need someone to talk to =(

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

this might be a little long so im sorry in advance.

ok so ill start from the beggining . my parents have been married for 23 years and they have two kids . me and my sister. i have always felt like my dad wasnt faithful . i cant explain it. well a year ago i got suspicous and went thru my dads txt messages and saw he had some txts from a women he bowls with . asking what she wanted for christmas and she said some alone time with my favorite elf...that didnt sit well with me . and they always say xoxo to eachother . but i never confronted him or said anything . i didnt want my family to be broken.

ok fast forward a year later . my dad had a stroke last month , he is recovering so well ,he will make a full recovery . so today my dad was on the phone with a women . i was listing to the convo. well i thought it was going to be the women he bowled with but to my suprise it was a diffrent women! she had a new york accent and my dad is from newyork ,i realized it was his old girlfriend that he dated before my mom .im shocked this could mean hes been unfaithful there entire marrage.

she was saying i love you ,i wish i could lay next to you.my dad said peple are home so lets just have a normal convo .and  she said iok i wouldnt want to get you in trouble. 

ok ive written to much .if you read it all thankyou. im at such a loss. my mom does everything for my ad and especally now that he is recovering from his stroke he needs her more than ever but im the only one who knows all of this! im so sad , i dont want my mom to be heartbroken but i dont think she deserves to be cheated on. 

IF ANYONE HAS CAUGHT THERE PARENT CHEATING OR HAS BEEN THRU A SIMALAR SITUATION PLEASE ID LOVE YOUR OPINION . IDK WHAT TO DO I DONT WANT TO BREAK UP MY FAMILY BUT I HATE LIVING WITH THIS SECRET . ITS MAKING ME SAD ALOT.

again thanks for reading 

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I would confront your father about it. It is not fair for you to have to keep this secret.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tilly030409
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

WOW! I know this isn't much help but I am sorry you have this secret to carry. Hugs

msjaxon
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Your mom probably knows, unless you have some reason to believe she is incompetent. If you figured it out, I'm sure she has and I don't even know her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amycrow0949
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM

im so scared its hard being so close to christmas i dont want to ruin the holidays=/ 

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

I would confront your father about it. It is not fair for you to have to keep this secret.

Ashleeduhh
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM
This! I understand how horrible it will feel for her to know blur unless he stops right now, I'd tell her..it'd break her heart if she found out you knew for a year and didn't tell her! I'd be crushed if my daughter didn't tellme.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kayla060812
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM
First of all i would be livid!!! You should confront your dad. Don't tell your mom... unless you have actual proof.i can not even imagine how emotionally messed up your brain is right now. Before you confront him write down everything you want to say so you don't just go in pissed off. Tell him he needs to stop or risk being exposed for the cheating. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amycrow0949
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM

i dont know why she would stay with him then if she knew. 

Quoting msjaxon:

Your mom probably knows, unless you have some reason to believe she is incompetent. If you figured it out, I'm sure she has and I don't even know her.

amycrow0949
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i wasnt 100% sure he was cheating but now im positive he is. and now its 2 women he is messing around with which is so much worse! i wasnt going to say anything uless i knew fersure

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

This! I understand how horrible it will feel for her to know blur unless he stops right now, I'd tell her..it'd break her heart if she found out you knew for a year and didn't tell her! I'd be crushed if my daughter didn't tellme.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Many women do... act like they don't know and continue on. Not saying she is but it happens. I couldn't do it either.

Quoting amycrow0949:

i dont know why she would stay with him then if she knew. 

Quoting msjaxon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by Kusabi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My stepdad cheated on my mom. I found her home & work numbers, address and social media accounts. Took over her emails and forwarded everything I found incriminating to myself. Confronted stepdad, he denied it so I forwarded everything to my mom and plastered the lady's info on CL.

I'm a spiteful person so I have no real advice other than talk to your dad, sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)