Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How do i get him to make her go pee?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
Merina is going to be with her dad from tomorrow until Sunday.When she is home she goes potty all day and doesnt have accidents.I put a pullup on her for bedtime and depending how long she sleeps she will also wake up dry.Her dad for some reason goes threw 5+ pullups a day with her.I have asked him not to put pullups on her unless its bedtime and to make her wear panties also to remind her every 20-30 minutes to go potty but he always has an excuse as to why he wont keep her in panties.She is 22 months.im trying to get her potty trained by the time the baby is here(jan21) so how can I get him to fallow threw with her potty training?(on a side note before someone says it her name is NOT pronounced the same as birth control) thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM

perhaps call them every 30 minutes to remind everyone for a potty trip.  Does he have a seat or chair for her to use?

tilly030409
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

If you pass a diaper bag back and forth, or you are suppling the diapers for his time, only put enough in it to for night time use and pack extra panties instead?

merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
he has one to go on the potty but i also send hers so she has both options

Quoting frndlyfn:

perhaps call them every 30 minutes to remind everyone for a potty trip.  Does he have a seat or chair for her to use?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

What are your court orders? Maybe she doesn't need to go over there until she's all the way potty trained if he's going to be lazy and backtrack her.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM
lol i did that this past weekend and he called at midnight friday cussing me out when he didnt have anymore diapers.(i sent 3 friday night saturday night and an extra) i told him either go buy his own or he better make her go potty because i wasnt bringing more

Quoting tilly030409:

If you pass a diaper bag back and forth, or you are suppling the diapers for his time, only put enough in it to for night time use and pack extra panties instead?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM
dont have any.they said it is my decision when she goes over there but she cries for him if she doesnt see him at least once a week

Quoting sucker4myloves:

What are your court orders? Maybe she doesn't need to go over there until she's all the way potty trained if he's going to be lazy and backtrack her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoanahLee
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM

She might not be fully potty trained by the end of January if she spends a lot of time at her dads, but she will potty train even with dad being a JA about it.  I would encourage dad to comply with potty training, but if he wont, he wont... just keep doing what you are doing when she is with you.   

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

That really sucks. I'm glad you put your child's wants and needs above your own, that's a good mommy move, but it sucks when the other parent is lazy.

Quoting merinasmommy:

dont have any.they said it is my decision when she goes over there but she cries for him if she doesnt see him at least once a week

Quoting sucker4myloves:

merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM
thank you.everyone including his family says im stupid for letting him have her but she is the one who would be hurt if i said no,not him

Quoting sucker4myloves:

That really sucks. I'm glad you put your child's wants and needs above your own, that's a good mommy move, but it sucks when the other parent is lazy.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Would bluffing work? You know, call him on the phone, and say "If you don't start taking her potty time seriously you're not going to see her for the next several months while we finish potty training", would he do it or would he be apathetic and call you on your bluff?

Quoting merinasmommy:

thank you.everyone including his family says im stupid for letting him have her but she is the one who would be hurt if i said no,not him

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)