Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

stay at home mom or working mom?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 37 Replies
I stay home with my 13m old. With my husbands job,we're getting by but dont have fancy cars or get to do vacas all the time you know the extra stuff. I am a R.N. just not a working one . If I get a job we'll be making more than double the income. My sister has kids same age as mine and is a working R.N. her kids are in daycare. Sometimes I can't help but envy her when she goes on these wonderful vacations and all there's nice things. I don't think thirds anything wrong daycare,I just love being able the stay stay home with mine. I have mixed feeling a part of me wants to go back to work and then I tell myself I can never get these years back I can have more money in a couple years. We're getting by I don't need the exta my family is more important. So my question is what is you take on being a sahm or a working one?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Its a personal choice. What if you worked on weekends?
mimismomma123
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM
No day care on weekends and no family to baby sit I love my husband but I would leave her with him our 5 year old yes deff not the baby

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Its a personal choice. What if you worked on weekends?

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM

It's different for everyone. For us, I stay at home with the kids. We discussed it before having them. As long as I am able, I will stay home until they are all in school.

MommyIn2008
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I am a stay at home mom and dh works two jobs. Its his choice because he doesn't want the kids in daycare and pretty close to what id be making would be paying for it anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sVaca
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I'm a stay at home mom my oldest is only two but I tried to go back to school and I just couldnt be away from him. Then once he turned 1 I tried again and then ended up getting pregnant with our daughter, I want to go back to school so I can get a career but I can't be away from my kids. Well if u decide to work when u have days off do something special just you two.
kris0921
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I am at sahm soon to be working part time. It will be 4 hours in the morning when hubby gets off, so he can keep the kids. I love staying at home, but putting 400 extra bucks in savings each month is what we need right now. I will still be spending loads of time with my kids without being over tired from work, and they wont be in daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I'm a work from home mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJuliet
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Some women NEED to work, its just this feeling of something missing,
but to me, no vacation or fancy car is worth missing time with my little twins. I might change my mind after the terrible twos hit, but for now, I'll stick to simple days at home with them <3

mimismomma123
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM
How do you her into that I would LOVE to do that

Quoting Fields456:

I'm a work from home mom

KeiraRose
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I think whatever works for you is awesome. I want to be a sahm with my little one until she goes to school and hubby is ok with it but if I do that he has to get a second job which means he'll get even less time with our daughter once she's born and I couldn't do that to him. So a month or so after she's born I'm going to start looking for a job to help him out and let him have more time with our baby girl. I kind of miss working anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)