Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

breast feed babies

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
Mine is 13m and still wakes up 3 times a night to eat grrrrr gonna try to wing her. How old were yours? How did you do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FoxTales
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
by 13 months it is more than likely a habit than a necessity... I would suggest offering water instead of nursing one feeding at a time, or giving a soother instead of the breast (during the night... Water isn't worth it waking up for... But nursing is... During the day if you wanted to wean then, she would still need milk of some sort, not water) As long as your dd is getting enough in the day (nursing or otherwise), nights are more for comfort. My son self-weaned at 14 months as I started the "don't offer, don't refuse" system around his first birthday. Eventually he just stopped asking, and now he gets whole milk and a standard toddler diet... But if you want to continue nursing during the day there is still benefit to it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ADC2005
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I have found with most of my clients in this situation it works best to tell them your breasts are night night, still nurse during the day for awhile and then try distracting during the day when you are ready to wean
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:15 AM

i co-slept. even at 16 months he would still nurse sometimes twice a night, its normal.

SadeAyosmom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:39 AM

13mth still feeds 3-5 times a night.

and 3-5 times a day.

its annoying but if he is anything like my daughter... she didnt stop night waking till i weaned her. that was at 20 months!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Dd is only almost 7 mon and sometimes she wakes up 3 time but mostly once a night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)