Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone have a problem...?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 14 Replies

Anyone else have trouble getting thier pre-baby body back.... even after a few years? My son was 9lb. 9oz. and I'm 5'1 and I gained WAY too much weight (60lbs.!) during the pregnancy. My OB thinks I may have torn my abdominal muscles, so my stomach looks like a deflated baloon or a kangaroo pouch (sorry, TMI) even after 2 years. I was always told that after the baby comes, breastfeeding is the sure-fire way to bounce right back after birth, and still I'm 15 pounds away from my prebaby weight! I've always struggled with my weight but my stomach is ridiculous.

Anyone else have a problem like that?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mimismomma123
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I'm 5'1 109lbs and my tummy is soo bad its wrinkley really very nasty Im searouly thinking about getting laser surgery wish i could afford a tummy tuck im dieing to read the advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I was 110 before baby, 139 at delivery. By the time he was one year old I was 105 lbs and a size 00. I'm 5 ft 1 in.
Now 5 years later I put on weight and got up to 135. Now I'm down to 128, but really having a difficult time getting back to 110.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJuliet
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I gained 100pounds with the twins!
never, never, never again!

Talk about too much weight gain during pregnancy!

mcvencil
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Exactly! If I wasn't going to have more kids soon, I'd be maxing out a credit card on a tummy tuck tomorrow. It's the most depressing thing ever. I got pregnant at 18 and I was the skinniest I'd ever been and I loved the way I looked and then 2 years later, I still hate being naked in front of my husband. Self conscious is an understatement here! 

mcvencil
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Oh my gosh! More power to you! But they tell you up and down that when you're pregnant, you're "eating for two" so who wouldn't get that extra dessert at dinner? No other time will you be able to eat the most fattening things in the world and not be looked at like "damn... girl needs to go on a diet."

Quoting MJuliet:

I gained 100pounds with the twins!
never, never, never again!

Talk about too much weight gain during pregnancy!

MAJL2009
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I finally got to my pre-baby body back after 3 years and I'm still struggling; I've never struggled with weight before.

sVaca
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM

with my son i gained only 23lbs, but i walked literally every day til i gave birth.... after i gained 15lbs. hes two now and my daughter is 10 months old but with her i would gain weight one week and the next be back down. I am now 25lbs over weight, im 5'6" and 182lbs. i dont look my weight but my body is defintly taking its toll with the weight. 

19andmomtobe
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM

im right there with ya. im almost 10 months postpardum and i try to remind myself that it hasnt even been a year but im only 20 and i see my friends in their little bikinis and i wanna choke em lol. i gained 70 lbs with my son so i know exactly what you mean. i had a c section though. he was 8 lbs 2 oz and i got stuck at 5 cm. i still dont have feeling below my belly button to my scar so its extremely weird feeling. not to mention i have stretch marks up to my eyeballs just about lol. im 10 lbs from pre baby weight and im stuck. i lost 60 lbs in the first 6  months. but the last 4 months im so stuck. i got from about 134 to 140 and back and forth and back and forth. never under 134 though. its driving me bonkers

:) M

TexasWife
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I have but right now I am not working on it honestly.

StrangeDays
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Try skin firming creams that contain co-q-10, collagen (spelling?) And elastin. You can also try things that contain caffine (look up bliss brand fat girl slim and love handler), or even plain old cocoa butter. It will take a while to see results, but if you massage for a minute (or until it's absorbed) twice a day, you will get there eventually.

Do keep in mind, though, that creams will work their best when used in conjunction with exercise. There's no such thing as a miracle product that will do all of the work for you, other than surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)