Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone have a problem...?

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone else have trouble getting thier pre-baby body back.... even after a few years? My son was 9lb. 9oz. and I'm 5'1 and I gained WAY too much weight (60lbs.!) during the pregnancy. My OB thinks I may have torn my abdominal muscles, so my stomach looks like a deflated baloon or a kangaroo pouch (sorry, TMI) even after 2 years. I was always told that after the baby comes, breastfeeding is the sure-fire way to bounce right back after birth, and still I'm 15 pounds away from my prebaby weight! I've always struggled with my weight but my stomach is ridiculous.

Anyone else have a problem like that?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Replies (11-14):
joyfullem
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I'm also 5'6 and about 180+ I am hating it!  I really wish I had someone to work out with and have a diet pact ... I really wanted to lose like 30 pounds before we had any more kids and now Im pregnant again it's so discouraging

Quoting sVaca:

with my son i gained only 23lbs, but i walked literally every day til i gave birth.... after i gained 15lbs. hes two now and my daughter is 10 months old but with her i would gain weight one week and the next be back down. I am now 25lbs over weight, im 5'6" and 182lbs. i dont look my weight but my body is defintly taking its toll with the weight. 

Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'm working out five days a week and I've changed my eating habits. While things are "toning" a little, nothing has changed weight wise (I've actually gained more weight) and there's no noticable physical difference. :(

That said, I'd really like to have my post-first-baby body back. lol I looked really awesome after I had my firstborn, better than before I'd ever had kids to begin with.

kewi86
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

You gotta tone the muscle up.  It also help to eat right and exercise.  I'm doing all three of those and I'm losing weight.  It also help to eat a child like portion to keep the weight off.  Good luck!!!  :-)

raye-chan
by Raye on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Yes! I gained a lot of weight from this pregnancy and I went up quite a few sizes. It also didn't help that my doctor decided she was going to ridicule me towards the tail end of my pregnancy because of my weight I gained. Hell, the lady suggested I lay off most foods and just eat only fruits and veggies during the last month and a half of the pregnancy. >.> She said with my size that I was going to end up pushing out a 10 pound baby. Instead, I had a 7p 7 oz baby cut out of me lol

But, before I got pregnant I was around 140-150. When I got pregnant, I dropped down to about 120 from the constant morning sickness. I ballooned up to around 185-190 towards the tail end but I was also having problems with high blood pressure and stress so my weight was a constant issue. 

I had an emergency c section so after 10 months, I haven't gotten down to my original size 7. I'm still a size 13-15 (depending on the brand of jeans). I literally barely eat now and try to exercise as much as possible but yet, the weight stays :( I had really bad body image issues BEFORE I got pregnant. Now it just seems to be worse since I've had my son. All those I know who have had kids (including those who had c sections as well) were tiny getting pregnant and instantly dropped back to their original size after having their children. 

Hell, my husband has to fight with me to even THINK about getting naked in front of him anymore. I point out every single flaw (the stretch marks, the ugly scar, the flab, the pooch, etc) and even when he tells me I still look beautiful, I just can't get myself to believe that. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)