Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitter overstepped her bounds?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 39 Replies

my almost five year old and my 10 month old are watched by a friend during the day since i decided to go back to college at the ageof 29(im 30 now). my oldest has gotten head lice 4-5 times since august 20th. we just cleared up another outbreak of it sunday. today when i got home from work my boyfriend wanted to show me something....a two bottle package of headlice shampoo that the sitter decided to ask the dr for a script for. keep in mind, she was at the dr for her grandson, the visit had nothing to do with my son. was i wrong to be upset with her and to tell her as much?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistysmommy2
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM

yes cause she didnt ask u and no cause she was helping u out.

EAzizM
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM
3 moms liked this
She was trying to help you out. You should be glad since it keeps happening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dcn2010
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
She should have asked you first. It's one of those things where someone wants to help and knows it will help but still should ask for permission considering it isn't their child. It can go both ways but I still think she should have discussed it with you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldnt get mad, she was trying to help you out.  i think you are overreacting.  

issacsmom2
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

dcn2010, my thoughts exactly. i even would have been okay if she had texted me and told me she was getting it instead of asking.

thanks for the input ladies.

ps. another sticky sitch, he is the only one getting it. everyone in my house is clear. possiblity that her 24 yr old daughter is the one with it and she wont let anyone check or even just treat to be safe.

AdellesMom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM
2 moms liked this
She was trying to help you out. I do see both sides of this. However, I'd let it go because she was most likely coming from a good place. Aftrerall, she IS the person that you trust to watch your children while you're in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm gonna be very honest here. No, she didn't overstep her bounds. Maybe she should have discussed it with you, but what was she supposed to say? "Hey, your kid has had lice five times this year, what the fuck are you doing wrong? I'm gonna put this shit on her head, and if you don't like it find a new sitter cause I'm tired of the lice." I mean really.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

kcrogue
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I guess it's nice that she's trying to help and I don't see a problem talking to a dr while she was there. But bring around and if she used it with out asking that were I see a problem. I wouldn't get too upset just make sure she's knows were the line is for you. Sorry you've had such a problem, I can understand why she want to helps so much. ...have you tried Tea Tree Oil in their shampoo regularly it may help prevent breakouts. Hope it all works out.

issacsmom2
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

how it is something that im doing wrong? no one else in my house has had it, just my son.

i posted that part, so dont put the blame on me. ive done everything that was necessary each time. vaccumed, sprayed and cleaned after each time.

issacsmom2
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

ill give the tea tree oil a shot, kc rogue. thanks for the hint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)