Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

babysitter overstepped her bounds?

Posted by   + Show Post

my almost five year old and my 10 month old are watched by a friend during the day since i decided to go back to college at the ageof 29(im 30 now). my oldest has gotten head lice 4-5 times since august 20th. we just cleared up another outbreak of it sunday. today when i got home from work my boyfriend wanted to show me something....a two bottle package of headlice shampoo that the sitter decided to ask the dr for a script for. keep in mind, she was at the dr for her grandson, the visit had nothing to do with my son. was i wrong to be upset with her and to tell her as much?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
EmmaZate
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I would only be upset if she used it on your child without telling you first. Getting it for you was probably done to hep out, especially if she believes as you do that it's her daughters fault... However, that does not give her the right to treat your hold for it without permission, that still lands on you to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM
This

Quoting EAzizM:

She was trying to help you out. You should be glad since it keeps happening.
TexasWife
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM

She probably felt guilty.

TexasWife
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM

OT: Why is it when people talk about lice it makes my head itch. Same with ants and other bugs.

NiCo86
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM
my feelings exactly

Quoting Steph1499:

I wouldnt get mad, she was trying to help you out.  i think you are overreacting.  

baquick
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Eh. Yes and no. I can see she was trying to help out but at the same time, she should ask first.
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM
LIce is so resistant anymore. Tea tree oil or Vaseline do wonders. The Vaseline is had to wash out but smothers then and makes it easy to pull our
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

i heard butter helps too. lice are attracted to super clean hair :p you must bathe him a lot :p HOW DARE YOU ! lol (sorry person annoyed me when they blamed you).

i woud be affended if someone just snuck lice stuff into my house, so i get your side. but finding out exactly why she did it would decide if she over stepped her bounds or not.  

i hope soon you can stop the outbreak. i know when i was little, like 1st grade, i got them once a month for an entire year, and then they just stopped. noone else in my house would get them. just me. i think some kids are just more perceptable to them ( i hope thats the right word)

beethann
by Beth on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I would be GRATEFUL my FRIEND was trying to help me out....but whatever.

kayteebug93
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Your daughter had it 4-5 times? I would've done the same thing and wouldn't think anything of it bc I'd think I was helping you out. Obviously whatever you are using isn't working. I'd be thankful for a caring babysitter. Obviously she cares a lot about your daughter or she wouldnt have bothered getting the shampoo. Get off your high horse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)