Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

babysitter overstepped her bounds?

Posted by   + Show Post

my almost five year old and my 10 month old are watched by a friend during the day since i decided to go back to college at the ageof 29(im 30 now). my oldest has gotten head lice 4-5 times since august 20th. we just cleared up another outbreak of it sunday. today when i got home from work my boyfriend wanted to show me something....a two bottle package of headlice shampoo that the sitter decided to ask the dr for a script for. keep in mind, she was at the dr for her grandson, the visit had nothing to do with my son. was i wrong to be upset with her and to tell her as much?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Well I think if she would of Been like hey your kid has head lice what do you think of me getting some head lice shampoo? That's what I would of done. But it seems like she was just trying to be helpful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM
i wouldn't necessairily be mad. She was trying to help. But she should have asked you first, yes.
sissy852
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:30 PM
she was trying to help. I wouldnt be mad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dannif26
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM

....the sitter was there, with your kids, one of which had lice.....why is it bad that she brought something to help?? It's two bottles that you didn't have to buy, and when your kids have something contagious, it affects the person who is caring from them. I'd be greatful...but that's just me.

annismom10
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:15 PM
You do know you can quote a specific person so they see your specific reply to them? Your reply will show up in my reply because i quoted you. Just click the quote button under a reply and people will be able to see what you say to them. It unlikely someone will come back and check on their own.

I wouldn't be mad, i would be greatful. Treating lice is a huge pain. Tea tree oil in the shampoo does help.
But i would be wary of not being able to ask/check her daughter. Though i'm 25 & i can tell you if i had lice i would treat it without any provcation lol

Does her daughter live with her? And your kids stay at her house while they are babysat?

Quoting issacsmom2:

how it is something that im doing wrong? no one else in my house has had it, just my son.

i posted that part, so dont put the blame on me. ive done everything that was necessary each time. vaccumed, sprayed and cleaned after each time.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I would not be mad.
lenoxclan
by Lenox on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Personally, if I were the sitter, after the 2nd or 3rd(if you were lucky), you wouldn't have a sitter anymore.

My guess is, she doesn't feel like it's coming from her house, is probably damn tired of having to treat her house for it, and was trying to help out by getting you the script..

Either way, if you dont want to use it, mention it to her and go from there.

kewi86
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I would have been furious.  She was out of line and I wouldn't be surprise if she was the one bringing head lice into your home.  It's obvious that she not treating her grandson's head lice and she coming into your home to babysit your children.  I think you should consider letting her go for a babysitter who will be more responsible and mindful of your children.  Wish you the best.

tay206
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM

honestly i have been an nanny for a family of kids that had lice tons of times in a year and for some one wiht nice hair its pretty scary. i can understand her trying to helo concour the problem. shes prob fed up with having to work in a place where she is at risk for something that is a nightmare to get and get rid of. I think it was meant to be helpful and some what of a hint to get the issue under control.

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I would just mention before she puts chemicals on your kids you would appreciate her getting permission first. I would be highly upset but I try to do 'natural' remedies first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)