Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

controversial issue

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 26 Replies
First of all, Im not trying to start any arguements...
Having said that, any and all responses that are posted I am asking that they not be cruel and attack the views of other Mothers and women.

Now, to the point...
Abortion.
I am very much pro-life. I believe that a human being and creation of God begins at conception.
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." I understand that not everyone believes as I do... But to me, this is showing Gods love for us as His children before we even existed...
Last night I read an article about a 14 year old girl getting pregnant, hiding her pregnancy from her parents, giving birth to her child by herself into her toilet and then killing the baby only to hide it in a shoebox under a pile of laundry.
I was pretty enraged by the thought of any woman killing a child. During a conversation with my husband about it, he was saying that someone tried to pass a bill that would make it ok to euthanize a baby up to 1 year old.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Thank GOD it didnt pass... That is sick. For those of you that do not know, this is the same thing they do for animals aka "put down" or in the simplest of terms KILL a child.
Back to the main point. Abortion. Hearing about this euthanizing children bill i looked up the laws that protect children in the United States. They have partial birth abortion, abortion of a baby at 12 weeks, etc... This stuff is insain!!! I had never been educated on abortion... I had only been told it is wrong. So out of curiosity, I looked it up on Youtube. I watched an ultrasound video of a 12 week abortion. I watched this baby open its mouth in silent screams and i watched its heart rate go to 200bpm as it thrashed around in its mothers uterus trying to avoid the "instrument" that was about to tear its body away from its tiny innocent head and suck them out of a tiny tube. Then i watched as they crushed the skull of this once living child and sucked that away too. I cried the entire time. I dont know how those doctors and nurses can go home and sleep at night.

I completely understand why some people choose to not keep their child. Sometimes it is just a bad situation, sometimes its rape, sometimes its just too much responsibility in such hard times... However, i think that there are other answers out there. Why do you have to brutally kill an innocent life? There is adoption...
Many women cant have children and would love nothing more than to carry and deliver their own child. Yet there are girls out there disposing of these babies like they would dispose of a dirty pair of socks.
Obviously i could never cover all of the ifs and buts of how i feel on this issue but let me just say this. In my perfect world, There would be no abortion. But i dont live in my perfect world. I think that if a woman is truly wanting an abortion, sure go ahead... But you get those tubes tied before you walk out of that place. This will ensure that a woman REALLY think it through.
I guess i just dont understand why someone chooses abortion over adoption. I just dont understand at all. Then after adoption, you can get on a dependable birth control until you are ready to have children.

Let me reiterate:
Please no nasty comments. For those of you who have had abortions, this is not any sort of hatred toward you. Just my view on things... And more of a rant than anything.

I am hoping to get a few more viewpoints. I know there are other sides of this "box" that i may not see. So feel free to add what you would like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyjen314
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I think when people don't know what having a child is like, it's easier for them to have abortions. If that makes sense. I believe abortions should be legal, but not at 12 weeks or anything there after. That's cruel yes. If my child got pregnant at 16 and chose to have an abortion I would support their decision. Before having a child I would've said "Abortions are ok". Not that they're good but I wouldn't of seen the bigger picture. Now that I have a child, I understand how there's so much more you could do for that child if u do decide to do it, and how every little child truly is a gift. I do think abortions should be legal for the young teenagers or rape victims, etc. If ur 30 and get pregnant but dot want it well ur old enough to know better. Unfortunately u can't always restrict some people and let other people do it. So it's a touchy subject and one that requires a lot of digging to really get the "right" answer.
joyfullem
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I completely agree with you its disgusting. A life is a life at conception. The partial birth abortion disgusts me. I had never heard of killing them up till a year old that is beyond ridiculous. So a life isnt a life till its wanted? What's next up until school age? As long as they are reliant on their parents so up to 18? I know people will say its silly to say that but if someone in Congress I willing to take it p to a year really what else are they willing to do? Those babies feel the pain and the world is willing to overlook that fact for convenience. Its selfish and disgusting and extremely cruel.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

While I believe that an unborn life is still a life, I also believe in freedom of choice.  And, every woman should have the choice to have an abortion or not, and deal with the consequences of her decision.

LancesMom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

While I believe that an unborn life is still a life, I also believe in freedom of choice.  And, every woman should have the choice to have an abortion or not, and deal with the consequences of her decision.

I totally agree with this!

19andmomtobe
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM

100% agree with you.

deut31eight
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
The question that still remains unanswered is this:
Why abortion over adoption.
What is wrong with giving the child a chance at life instead of brutally killing it?
berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting joyfullem:

I completely agree with you its disgusting. A life is a life at conception. The partial birth abortion disgusts me. I had never heard of killing them up till a year old that is beyond ridiculous. So a life isnt a life till its wanted? What's next up until school age? As long as they are reliant on their parents so up to 18? I know people will say its silly to say that but if someone in Congress I willing to take it p to a year really what else are they willing to do? Those babies feel the pain and the world is willing to overlook that fact for convenience. Its selfish and disgusting and extremely cruel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I agree op. It is disturbing.
sissy852
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM
i agree with you 100% a life is a life. I was mad when my doctor said i should have one because they thought my ds had downs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deut31eight
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM
And apparently in one state (idr which one) there was a law passed that a woman had to sit through a class type of deal to learn and see exactly what they were about to do to her unborn baby before they would allow her to go through with the "termination".
The number of abortions in this state dropped DRASTICALLY! Shortly after, i believe it was president clinton had them do away with this law. And why??? Who knows.
I think more than anything that the women who have abortions are not truly informed of what goes on... The government and abortion clinics glamourize abortion, slap on the label "choice" because its an easier word to swallow than "murder" or "abortion".
Idk... I have been on a 3 day rant on this topic since I watched videos of them. It really breaks my heart into gazillions of pieces when I see what happens to these babies. I look at my 3 beautiful little boys and think about all of the joy they bring to my life and I think back at my 12 week ultrasounds with each of them...
I just couldnt imagine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)