Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

how much does your husband do?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 37 Replies
Im getting pretty angry with my hubby. Im home with our 7 month old daughter 24/7 . He is a full time student so i get he is tired when he gets home. But i still expect him to help out. He comes home and goes straight for the ps3. And yes he does take her if i ask but i need more help. I had a vision of my life how my husband would be with our kids and this isn't it!!. But having said all that i know he is crazy about his little girl. He just isnt great with the baby stage. But that doesnt mean he gets to not try. He says well i provide financial needs so im helping. Ugh anyways do you have a schedule with your hubby? How does he help out with the kids? Is he very involved when there babys? Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM
With our first he wasn't very helpful. He was nervous. But now we have 3 and he is WONDERFUL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mimismomma123
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I'm a sahm too my husband doest do anything and tried to pull that shit with the Xbox. He's not a baby person either some men can do it other can't. Hell get better as she ages until then,put your foot down with Xbox or whatever it is. Them him after dinner is family time. I let him play while I get the kids ready for bed and when they are sleeping we have us time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM

My husband is awesome I am a SAHM but when he comes home from work he pretty much deals with the kids and often helps clean up!  I have to tell him to relax for him to do it!  Every guy is different.  My ex husband was similar to yours but worse he hated dealing with the kids.  When the baby would cry I remember he would tell me to"make him shut up" and "why don't you just take him in another room so I dont have to hear it" GRR drove me crazy!  I had the baby yes buut I also had a 17 month old baby that stayed awake during the day!  I managed to schedual one of the babies nap times the same as my older childs and it was my saving grace!

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My honey is NOT my son's father but he helps me out more than my son's father ever did.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:36 PM
He works 40+ hours a week and is in full time college for his BA. I'm a SAHM and I take care of the kids and home. He doesn't do night feedings, potty training, feeding, mostly doesn't do diapers. But he plays with them provides for us and helps if I ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

The baby stage is ususally awkward. lol. My husband does what he sees needs to be done. Sometimes I have to ask. I realized that my expectations were not always going to be what I dreamed. I hope this helps a little.

19andmomtobe
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah i think thats a load of crap. your hubs needs to step it up. as much as my dh is a pain in my rear he works his butt off. he works 50-70 hrs a week doing physical labor. comes home and has about 30 min of down time. then he takes over with our son while i cook. im a sahm and a part time student. days that i have school he comes home from work and i pretty much have to run out the door to make it to class on time. he doesnt complain. even when he has worked a 14 hr shift and our son is teething and i have class for 4 hrs. he just does it. idk how sometimes. but i do my part to make it as less stressful as i can on him. i keep our house spotless and i cook and do the laundry and everything i can do. if i know he had a rough day i try to let him take a shower and quick nap before i start givng commands. i run our house and he runs the finances and makes final decisions for our family. i love it that way. but dont think its rainbows and sunshine. we have our moments. but for the most part we carry our weight and make it work. when he needs a break he goes to the golf course. when i need a break i go get a pedicure. and the world goes round. lol. but him going to play video games is a bunch of bull. we dont get personal time unless its scheduled/ desperately needed/ or when our son is asleep.

Rach0307
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Mine wasn't very helpful for the first 2 years or so (straight to the PS3 like yours), but he's matured a lot in the last year. I think a big part of it is that our son got to the point where he would only ask for me, and didn't act like DH was anything more than some guy who lived with us. I could tell it was bothering DH as DS starting growing up into a kid, and it was a wake up call that he needed to be more involved. Up until about a year ago, DS only came to me for anything, but DH started putting himself out there for him, and now he's a proper daddy in his son's eyes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondgyal16
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM

all men are different. my bro is helpful with his son and he pretty much set the tone for what i expected all men to do. my son's father helps when he wants to help or im not around. now im not saying hes a bad father cause he loves his son but he can help out a lot more if he really wanted to. i told him one time that i should not have to ask for help his response was why not why cant you ask for help. I think if you need his help just ask because you may be more likely to get help than to just wait and see if he will help.

babyboojessie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM

i have two kids, their father isnt here today. I eventually moved on a couple years down the road with a wonderful guy. My son has autism and he is 4 yrs old now, he taught him how to count and say his abc's. He treats the kids like his own, i am now pregnant and he dont have any experience with babies lol so i cant wait to see that day. He wasnt really around kids too much so it was kinda hard for him at first. But the kids love him, and so do I :) . Maybe try sitting down and talking to him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)