Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

increased discharge after paragard?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM
KT
  • 6 Replies

i got my paragard in about 2 weeks ago and ever since i have noticed an increase of clear thicker mucusie discharge. i was wondering if this was normal or if i need to call my dr. thanks ladies

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Devious333
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I'm getting mine in a few days...I'd like to know just in case!

Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Oh yes m'am. And my doc okayed it as normal. Basically your body will always be trying to rid itself of the intruder, kwim?

Very frequent heavy bleeding, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by KT on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:50 PM

thanks. i got mine in while i was on my period so i havent had my offical 1st one. do you still have yours? was the bleeding too much?

Quoting annismom10:

Oh yes m'am. And my doc okayed it as normal. Basically your body will always be trying to rid itself of the intruder, kwim?

annismom10
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I got it in june and still have it. I has not had a period in three years because of hormonal bc and pregnancy. Their theory is i was producing eggs but not shedding them. Four days after i got the iud the floodgates opened : /

I've only had about a month of no bleeding since june. Though i've been period free like 10 days and i'm starting to get my hopes up it'll be a whole three weeks til i have a period like normal people!! Lol i say that but i'm breaking out and PMSing so we'll see. I still would not choose anything else. (even though i've ruined a lot of underwear :-( )semi- permanent and hormone free is my only safe option lol

Quoting cupcake_mom:

thanks. i got mine in while i was on my period so i havent had my offical 1st one. do you still have yours? was the bleeding too much?

Quoting annismom10:

mimismomma123
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I had it for a year now same thing
Maky.Medina
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I have had mine for over 6 months, i was very scared because i had heard horror stories about bleeding too much, crazy cramps and etc...but i got it anyways, and its been great. 
I've had no bleeding/spotting between periods, minor cramps, and my flow has been increased but like 10%, i guess im one of the lucky ones. 
Just keep checking for it every month after your period stops :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN