Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

well there goes my quiet family time

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
Both my kids are sick so we are skipping going to all our family dinners (four, two on each side), instead I'm cooking dinner. It was supposed to be df myself and my two kids. Although I really hate my kids being sick I was really enjoying the idea of it just being the four of us. Well df decided be was going to invite his mom and step dad to dinner, then his dad just to visit in the morning, then his mom invited his grandma. my dining room is tiny. I don't want a bunch of people here. I don't want anyone here. but I cannot say no. I like his family in all, its just my kids are sick, and I wanted a special dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Amanda2487
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:41 AM
Not exactly the same situation but last year I actually cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner. I cooked for dh,my kiddos an myself. I refused to invite anyone. I wanted a quite family dinner.
hayvensmommy07
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
That's what I wanted. Holidays are so stressful, just wanted a quiet dinner. But I'll never get that until I learn to say no.

Quoting Amanda2487:

Not exactly the same situation but last year I actually cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner. I cooked for dh,my kiddos an myself. I refused to invite anyone. I wanted a quite family dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Lol good luck, we love our HUGE family holiday. Thanksgiving to us is about family and togetherness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Normally it is for me as well. I love spending it with family, but I have two really sick kids, plus woke up today sick myself.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Lol good luck, we love our HUGE family holiday. Thanksgiving to us is about family and togetherness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Hope they feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayFlowerMomma
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Good Luck and feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)