Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

High school reunion,

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 10th is on Saturday. I'm the fattest I've ever been. (Size10) I was on track to not be this fat, even though I've had 3 kids. Then I had a hysterectomy. To say that menopause hasn't been kind to me is an understatement.

Still, I'm showing up to my reunion as a mom of 3 boys. I've been a wife for 9 years. I own my home and I have a wonderful life. I Need to let go of the fact that I'm bigger than I want to be. I'm happy and have an amazing life, right?

:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Right! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mesh2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Yes! Having a good life is not just about how you look. 

tonesofhome
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
size 10 isn't fat. that's what you want to hear. so there it is.

I am an 8, not fat at all not even close, you may upset some by saying a 10 is fat. just because you're feeling bad is no reason to self depreciate, and in turn make others feel bad about themselves as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM
It's not fat for some. For me, it's all belly... It's a whole different story when it's all belly fat. I'm eating healthier than I ever have and exercising more, but hormones suck. I can be sad about showing up to my reunion in menopause. I've never been skinny, but I've been Super curvy. But menopause weight gain is different.

Quoting tonesofhome:

size 10 isn't fat. that's what you want to hear. so there it is.

I am an 8, not fat at all not even close, you may upset some by saying a 10 is fat. just because you're feeling bad is no reason to self depreciate, and in turn make others feel bad about themselves as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Don't worry be happy! I know easier said then done. Have fun at your reunion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maky.Medina
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Strut your stuff mama! and be proud of what you have accomplished! Being a mom and wife is not easy...

kewi86
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Not to be rude but how much do you weight.  To be a size 10 I think that you're doing pretty good. 

SadeAyosmom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM

mine was supposed to be this year but it didnt happen :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)