Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

my 16 yr old niece is being bullied at school :(

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 24 Replies
Just in the past 7 weeks, 3 high schoolers took their life bc of bullying. This happened the next town over. My niece has self esteem issues and 2 years ago this same girl beat my niece up and had her friends video tape it!!! Im worried bc my niece gets so depressed. Shes in conseling for it now...its so hard for me not to fly off the handle but im tired of her getting picked on! It started out w the stupid women my brother would marry. They treated my niece like crap and i would defend her and stand up for her bc he father wouldnt in fear of his wife devorcing him :/ idk what to do :'( im thinking about having her stay w me some to talk about these problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexRi0709
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Be there for her. That's really all you can do. Its really difficult to sit back and not be able to do much, but sometimes there isn't anything we can do but listen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

See if she could get into a class to help build her confidence and self esteem  I know many that felt better once they were in a martial arts class.  They learned how to handle the situations in which they were verbally or physically attacked.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Could you talk to someone at the school? I remember getting bullied at school..thats why i skipped so much and didnt graduate. And i had 2 suicide attempts. You should take this very seriously. I personally think it would help to have her stay with you. If her father said she could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Yea it really does worry me. She used to cut herself but i talked to her about that and i think she stopped. So i am really worried :'(

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Could you talk to someone at the school? I remember getting bullied at school..thats why i skipped so much and didnt graduate. And i had 2 suicide attempts. You should take this very seriously. I personally think it would help to have her stay with you. If her father said she could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kewi86
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM

This is very serious.  I think that her parents should really be stepping in to deal with this issue.  Have they bother to see what was going on at the school?  Smh. 

Candace8609
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Yea her step mom and dad are talking to the conselors at school about it. Shes seeing a school conselor and i think a psychiatrist.

Quoting kewi86:

This is very serious.  I think that her parents should really be stepping in to deal with this issue.  Have they bother to see what was going on at the school?  Smh. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM

UGH that is all I have to say. Sorry for the girl, for sure.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM
That's very serious. Ive been there as well as many others. Be there to talk to her tell her positive things tO help her esteem issues. Be there for her to talk to or let her cry to you. Let her know your there. She needs someone and you can make that you. I cut as a teen as well as drugs and booze a few times. I was sent to a treatment school to live after my 5th suicide attempt. I'm more than sure if I didn't have my son I'd be dead. My dad helped save my life. You'll do the right thing, I know you will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Page98
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

how about just letting her stick up for herself? You're not ALWAYS going to be around, gotta let her handle her own shit. 

Candace8609
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Im thinking the media just makes all the bullying worse!!! Its getting bad around here :(

Quoting sucker4myloves:

UGH that is all I have to say. Sorry for the girl, for sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)