Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I an honestly a chicken person and I've never really favored turkey. I'm making chicken for thanksgiving this year. What do you ladies prefer and why? To me it's never really made a difference the type of bird.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
sissy852
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
this

Quoting ilovecandy:

we have ham and turkey on thanksgiving.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
We have chicken all the time. I am desperately craving turkey by this time of year. I'm doing thanksgiving myself this year so I've made sure to get all my favorites. And I have tons of cranberry sauce. Yum. And my neighbor is bringing lumpia, pancet(sp?) and shepards pie. And turkey sandwiches for days afterward.

Oh geez, I'm so hungry now....
EslingerCrew11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
We have ham & turkey :)

One year,my dad did 3 different Turkeys, a brisket & ham lmao. And that was for like maybe 8 people!!

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Really? I've heard people use it as a side for thanksgiving but never the main course. Interesting!

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Ham ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Oh wow! Lol. When I was living in Dallas two Thanksgivings ago we had a fried turkey, a a baked turkey, and a small ham. His aunt had 6 children (now 7) and 7 adults were there I think

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

We have ham & turkey :)

One year,my dad did 3 different Turkeys, a brisket & ham lmao. And that was for like maybe 8 people!!

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Really? I've heard people use it as a side for thanksgiving but never the main course. Interesting!

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Ham ;)

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Oh wow. I just ate and now I'm hungry, guess it's good I'm eating these cookies! Lol. Lumpia and pancet? What are those?

Quoting SandraJo:

We have chicken all the time. I am desperately craving turkey by this time of year. I'm doing thanksgiving myself this year so I've made sure to get all my favorites. And I have tons of cranberry sauce. Yum. And my neighbor is bringing lumpia, pancet(sp?) and shepards pie. And turkey sandwiches for days afterward.

mommylove818
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Ham but also making a turkey for my s/o because it's a tradition. :)
SandraJo
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Lumpia is these little Philipino egg rolls. They are fantastic. I'm not sure what pancet is. I was told rice noodles with some chicken and other stuff. I'm not sure if I'm even spelling it right. But every thing my neighbor has had me taste is just awesome. Mmmmm....I love philipino food.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Oh wow. I just ate and now I'm hungry, guess it's good I'm eating these cookies! Lol. Lumpia and pancet? What are those?

Quoting SandraJo:

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:51 AM
It sounds good! I went to a Christmas party for my GED class a couple years ago and it was all home made Mexican food. I ate so much that night. It was the best food I ever had!

Quoting SandraJo:

Lumpia is these little Philipino egg rolls. They are fantastic. I'm not sure what pancet is. I was told rice noodles with some chicken and other stuff. I'm not sure if I'm even spelling it right. But every thing my neighbor has had me taste is just awesome. Mmmmm....I love philipino food.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Quoting SandraJo:

mnmo3bb
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

both are great, turkey is something I rarely have (haven't had real turkey aside from sandwhich meat, etc since 2009)... so having real turkey tomorrow (if I can get it cooked right...) will be a big treat.

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Oh it's not hard to cook. I don't have an oven and cooked my bird in a nuwave. It turned out ridiculously moist and cooked in just 1hour and 30 minutes! We only had a 5lb bird but it's nice to be able to clean up so quickly. We've always stuck with small birds since our family is small. 18lbs is the biggest bird we've had. That was the first bird I ever cooked that turned out great. The hard part for me is remembering to flip it over to the breast side half way through.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

both are great, turkey is something I rarely have (haven't had real turkey aside from sandwhich meat, etc since 2009)... so having real turkey tomorrow (if I can get it cooked right...) will be a big treat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)