Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I an honestly a chicken person and I've never really favored turkey. I'm making chicken for thanksgiving this year. What do you ladies prefer and why? To me it's never really made a difference the type of bird.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (51-57):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

There was one year I made lasagna for dinner for thanksgiving.

I prefer turkey on thanksgiving and christmas. ^that year I just didn't wanna make a huge meal. 

I eat chicken throughout the year. I get turkey twice if I'm lucky. 

Oh and I figured out that my lasagna isn't much less work than making a thanksgiving feast. 

Mm2threboys
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My family fix's ham and turkey for thanksgiving.

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Haha lasagna. Good stuff interesting choice. My husband's aunt and her family had pizza for thanksgiving. They usually go to someone's house or another's but they weren't invited to any. Mixing it up is nice so things don't get old. The years seem to fly by now.

Quoting Basherte:

I prefer turkey on thanksgiving and christmas. ^that year I just didn't wanna make a huge meal. 

Oh and I figured out that my lasagna isn't much less work than making a thanksgiving feast. 

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, they do. 

Plus, I think my lasagna costs about 70 dollars to make. 

One year we had snow crab legs for thanksgiving, or wait was that Christmas? I don't remember. It was really good though. I didn't miss the turkey stuff until the day after when we had no leftovers. That's when both hubby and I realized that we really like the leftovers a bit more than we like the dinner itself. 

Kind of strange, I know. It does make the next day easier on us food wise. I don't have to cook so much, so all that cooking on that one day is worth it.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Haha lasagna. Good stuff interesting choice. My husband's aunt and her family had pizza for thanksgiving. They usually go to someone's house or another's but they weren't invited to any. Mixing it up is nice so things don't get old. The years seem to fly by now.

Quoting Basherte:

DragonX
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
The one Thanksgiving when it was just me and the hubs, we made a roast beef in the slow cooker. It was honestly the best Thanksgiving meal I have ever had! I don't care for turkey personally but my family insists on it. I just eat sides.
Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:21 AM
I totally understand where you're coming from. The left overs are nice definitely throughout the next day. Especially the pies and the macaroni and stuff. And it seems to make you full a lot faster

Quoting Basherte:

Yeah, they do. 

One year we had snow crab legs for thanksgiving, or wait was that Christmas? I don't remember. It was really good though. I didn't miss the turkey stuff until the day after when we had no leftovers. That's when both hubby and I realized that we really like the leftovers a bit more than we like the dinner itself. 

Kind of strange, I know. It does make the next day easier on us food wise. I don't have to cook so much, so all that cooking on that one day is worth it.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Yeah. We had a 16 pound turkey for two people. It will last longer than a day or two.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I totally understand where you're coming from. The left overs are nice definitely throughout the next day. Especially the pies and the macaroni and stuff. And it seems to make you full a lot faster

Quoting Basherte:

Yeah, they do. 

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Quoting Basherte:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)