Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm divorced and have a new boyfriend

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 18 Replies

I've been with my new boyfriend for six months now and we are doing really well together, living together and I have all my kids there as well and he is great with the kids even though they aren't his bio kids. Well my 4 yr old daughter has started calling him daddy and I thought he is just like a dad to her and her real dad is out of the picture, he's doing time in prison and is a deadbeat dad anyways so I was thinking that it's probably ok for her to call him daddy, I mean we are in this for the long term and I would like to marry him at some point so is that ok? Or should I explain to my daughter that he isn't her dad?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM
6 moms liked this
6 months in and you're asking if its ok to let her call him daddy?

Yeah I don't think that's a good idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Let her call him dad if they're both comfortable with it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I'm getting married next month and we've been together for 6 months and 3 months into my pregnancy. Don't let a timeframe define a relationship. That's just stupid.
lovelyladybump
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM
As long as he's okay with it, then I don't see why it would be a big deal
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I think it's ok as long as she knows her bio dad.
Shit dad or not that's her bio father and IMO she should know
marinenonstop
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM
This is a situation where the answer could be yes or no. It depends on your relationship.. his relationship with your children...and if you both are ok with her calling him dad. Dh and i were friends before we began dating. He was in my sons life for a long time and ds started calling him dad after two months of dating. My son said daddy! And without skipping a beat he turned and asked, "what?" I apologized to him and his response was, "what else is he supposed to call me? I am his dad." The next month he asked me if he would allow him to adopt ds. Good luck.
MissJordy
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You said it! I've been with my partner for 8 months, we live together and will be ttc beginning of next year and nothing upsets me more then when someone tries to tell me its too early in the relationship! If they're both comfortable with him being called dad then I don't see an issue..

Quoting Dee0886:

I'm getting married next month and we've been together for 6 months and 3 months into my pregnancy. Don't let a timeframe define a relationship. That's just stupid.

EAzizM
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM
I agree. Have you even talked about marriage and when it will happen?

Quoting Roxygurl:

6 months in and you're asking if its ok to let her call him daddy?

Yeah I don't think that's a good idea
MomRocs1102
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:56 AM

regardless of how longyou've been with him if hes the father figure let children do what comes natural to them.  You all already live together so apparently you and him are making a future together.  Dh weren't dating long before we were married that's why i don't look at how long someone has been in a relationship.

mom2twins9909
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN