Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Nook simple?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
Is just an e reader? Correct? Curious because target has them for 50 bucks tonight. Can you do anything Internet wise on it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Peytons_Mama09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Bump?
mharleyghal
by T'ona on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM
It has wifi connection to buy books on the Barnes and Noble site, so I think it does. I'm getting one for my mom.
LEY1307
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I have one and I think all you can do is read books on it, not Facebook or cafemom or any of that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Not too familiar with the nook. I have the original kindle and I love it. I didn't need anything fancy because I already have a laptop, pc, and iPhone. I can access anything I need on any one of those. I just wanted something basic to read off of. I got mine right before mothers day for $39. Walmart was having some kind of special on that one and I'm more than happy with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mharleyghal
by T'ona on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quoting mharleyghal:

It has wifi connection to buy books on the Barnes and Noble site, so I think it does. I'm getting one for my mom.

I just double checked and you CAN browse the web on it. Hope this helps :)
Peytons_Mama09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Thanks ladies. I couldn't bring myself to go to the store. I drove by Walmart and the parking lot was INSANE. I decided to pass.
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM

You can do some simple browsing, but it's mostly an ereader. If you want to be able to do more, the Nook Color or Nook Tablet can do that, or you can check out the different Kindles Amazon has. There are a lot of really great deals on all sorts of tablets and ereaders right now, so you should be able to find something decent, and likely online so you don't have to contend with crazy shoppers. ;)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

.Peaches.
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I have the Nook Color, I'm not familiar with the Nook SimpleTouch. You can go to the B&N website to find out what is does and doesn't do though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)