Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Counting down until I can test... anyone want to talk??? I'm panicking....

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

Here's my deal... I'm 20... This may sound weird but i'm ready to be a mother... but not ready to have a baby... and its really really soon in the relationship for me and my boyfriend to even think about having kids... yes i know absitinence should have been a factor but it wasnt...

I tested a few days ago and it came back with what i think was a faint line but i'm not 100% sure so i'm testing in the morning... i'm going to black friday shop for pregnancy tests... I plan on getting up around 4am texas time and going to test... I'm extremely nervous...

I'm trying to think up the good parts of being pregnant to keep myself from panicking to badly... If i stay in denial saying oh i'mnot i cant be then i'll freak out worse if i am... if i am then i'm prepared mildly at least for the result... So i'm doing silly things like picking out nursery colors... because thats how i handle things...

I'm not a teenybopper teen type who thinks its all fun and games and dress up and such... i understand that its a life changing and hard hard hard thing to do...

But if anyone could tell me some good fun distracting but baby related things i think it would help me for now... until i can test and find out for sure...

I havnt missed my period yet... i just feel odd... i've had a Miscarraige before... and i just feel pregnant... i cant really explain it right... my boyfriend and I used a condom the one time this month we were together... and i dont think it broke or anything... the only reason i took the first test was just kinda a OH i found a test from before when i accidentally bought a 2 pack i'll take it just for the heck of it... and it came back kinda faint... so now i'm worried...

anywho fun things i'm trying to distract myself with...

Names:

Boy - Damon Richard (my boyfriend picked Damon when we were talking in hypotheticals about the future awhile ago Richard is my grandfather)

Girl - Esther JoAnna (Josie like Joe Zee for short from JoAnna)

Nursery Colors:

Boy - Black White and Blue

Girl - Black White and Pink

Nursery Themes:

Boy - Puppies or Fish (i'm leaning more towards fish)

Girl - Butterflies

anything to add to it??? or advice or something??? Please help me...

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Logansmomma120
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I had my baby at 20.. But I'm also married & was ready!! :)) it's one of the best things that could happen to a woman!! When you hear that first cry it melts your heart & you just know you'll be ok!! 

Babies are so amazing.. & watching them for all their "1st" time doing stuff ... It's incredible how much they learn in just a year!! You'll love it!!!

Bumblebee4Me
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I hope your right... if it winds up i'm pregnant theres so much that will change... my life will be over as i know it and I'll have to become a mother in the sense of acting a mother not just being ready to be one... i'm so worried... I have a lot of health issues so i'm afraid for the baby if there is one...

Quoting Logansmomma120:

I had my baby at 20.. But I'm also married & was ready!! :)) it's one of the best things that could happen to a woman!! When you hear that first cry it melts your heart & you just know you'll be ok!! 

Babies are so amazing.. & watching them for all their "1st" time doing stuff ... It's incredible how much they learn in just a year!! You'll love it!!!

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I had my daughter at 19. The one thing I found irresistible after finding out was SHOPPING FOR BABY STUFF. It's so exciting but somehow I knew as soon as I was pregnant that I was having a girl. I can give you some advice about how to deal with pregnancy. But I will be honest. Pregnancy is the EASY part. This is coming from a girl who went into labor a month early and had contractions all the way up until birth. Back labor wonderful back labor.
Now, morning sickness. I had it horribly. I started taking the gummy bear prenatal, it helped TONS.
Back aches, be sure to do some stresses before you go to bed and when you wake up. It relaxes the muscles and does a pretty well job at keeping them from tensing up later in the day.
Leg cramps and it foot cramps, try taking a little extra potassium. It prevents cramping because it generally is caused from low potassium anyways. Heart burn, drink a little milk, don't chug, just sip. Or, eat 5 or 6 almonds.

If you get feet swelling be sure not to standing for too long, edema is common in pregnant women with swollen feet so you want to keep off your feet for long periods.
The disgusting one, constipation.
Try taking the little pink stool softener. They give you that same one in the hospital and it works. If you are pregnant.. Take prenatal vitamins immediately. Don't lift over 20lbs.
Yes, raising a child is hard. But it's definitely worth it. It's expensive, at times. But for the most part its really not.
It gets more expensive closer to their first birthday. It just takes time and patience. Anger can lead to baby shaking that's a no no. They'll give you papers on that.
If you truly are pregnant, congratulations. I hope things go well and that your boyfriend is willing to help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Any news yet??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It's noon in Texas, did you test yet? If you're pregnant, fear not. I'm 27, had my son when I was 25. A whole five years older than you, and I still wasn't "ready". You are never "ready" until you hear that first cry, and they lay that beautiful baby on your chest and you are suddenly filled with so much love that you know you can handle anything that comes your way. I promise, you will be okay. It's always best to wait until you're financially set, of course. There are very hard parts to being a parent, especially when you're not financially ready, but it will come. Just be ready to work for the new love of your life, and understand that you can't be a child anymore.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Bumblebee4Me
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Check my other post for pics
TexasWife
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM

developmental toys?

Strollers?

I got pregnant when I was 20. Married when I was 20. I turned 21 while I was pregnant. He will be 5 Dec 31st. I now have 2 more babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)