Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

essay help?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm doing an application for a state schools photography program. i have to write a 300 word essay to go with it. the application states :

NURSING, FILM/VIDEO PRODUCTION AND PHOTOGRAPHY APPLICANTS need to address their specific candidacy and desire for being selected and admitted to these programs. Students need to highlight their skills, interests, and understanding of the program to which they are applying, as the programs are highly competitive. This may be in place of the general essay listed above. Applicants to these programs are encouraged to submit letters of recommendation that reference the student’s abilities and potential to succeed in the program at Fitchburg State University. Please do not forward a portfolio, DVD, or any other supplemental material since they will not be used in the admissions process.

how do i start an essay like this? can you think of any things i should make points of? i have not written an essay in years, I'm terrified of not writting a proper essay. any advice at all?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
zero.gsx
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally would start out with any experience/qualifications that I have that make me an appropriate potential candidate and how it has interested you.  The more professional recommendations you can get in the field the better.  I would definitely emphasize on your experience though. Hope this helps. :)

zero.gsx
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, don't worry so much about how you are going to start it.  Just start stating what all you want in it then organize it.  How you will start it will come to you later.  It might be easier after you have the rest of it written to review it and come up with an introduction that flows well and ties the essay together.

vrbtnseele
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM

thanks!

Quoting zero.gsx:

Also, don't worry so much about how you are going to start it.  Just start stating what all you want in it then organize it.  How you will start it will come to you later.  It might be easier after you have the rest of it written to review it and come up with an introduction that flows well and ties the essay together.

zero.gsx
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM

You're welcome, hope that helps. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN