Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

CYS pinworms? Need Advice

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
  • 2 Replies

Just got back from the doctors with my youngest child, only to find out he has pinworms! I'm freaking out. The doctor office needs a stool sample or two and a list of places where we have been lately that has kids. We have pets, so I thought that might be where he got it. They said no. I told them the only oher place we have been is our church. I had to give information about it. I was then told that CYS may want to investigate. That brought my anxiety up to a new high. We are good, honest, hard working people. We correctly discipline, make appointments for our children when needed, make sure all their needs are met and most of their wants. Our house is clean-as clean as a house with 4 children can be. There is food in our fridge, and pantry. Our kids war hand me downs but they aren't ever without......I don't know the first thing about how to handle a CYS investigation. Why would the doctor's think we are neglecting our kids. There was something off about a diaper-I borught him in. I noticed it right away....I need advice from anyone who deals with CYS or social workers. What do I do? How do I plan? Can I even do anything? HELP! 

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
-42-
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

That's BS that the doc said that.

But even if they do get involved, if your house is clean, food in the house, etc., etc., everything will go away.

Gastromama2007
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol why would a child protective service get involved for a case of pin worms? My son got them about two years ago from eating dirt and it's actually really common.

Relax mama, just have him take the meds and he will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN