Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pregnancy insomnia.

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:54 AM
  • 13 Replies
Fact or myth? Yes this is a serious question. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with ds #2 and never had this issue with my first. I am never able to fall asleep until after 4am despite how tired I am. I am seriously starting to feel like a walking zombie. My doctor told me she could prescribe me ambion but would rather not since its addictive. I would rather not take it for that reason anyways. So...any other tips or advice to help? Doesn't help matters that I have bad restless leg syndrome. Regardless, I need help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BuggadosMom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Bump
BuggadosMom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM
emillz92
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a terrible time getting to sleep. But I didn't want to take anything for it either.. The best thing to do for your restless legs is to get up and pace for 5-10 minutes and try to get back in bed, and when you stretch them, flex your feet rather than point your toes cause that's an easy way to get leg cramps. For getting to sleep, the most helpful thing for me was to put a pillow against my back or under/against my belly. Hope that helps, but I know a ton of women have sleep trouble during pregnancy. Good luck!

rayroe2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I took benadryl when I needed a good sleep.

Proud.mama.of2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I had it bad!!! My doc said I could take Benadryl & that helped me. I didn't take it every night our even every other night. Just when I really needed to get some sleep. Ask your doc about that.
BuggadosMom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM

She did tell me that I could take some if I needed to. The problem with that though is, 1 of them kicks my ass quicker than shit! It doesn't matter what time I take it either, it still makes me unbelieveably groggy and very tired desipte how much sleep I was able to get. Starting to think I am just doomed when it comes to sleep lol

Quoting Proud.mama.of2:

I had it bad!!! My doc said I could take Benadryl & that helped me. I didn't take it every night our even every other night. Just when I really needed to get some sleep. Ask your doc about that.

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Fact, I average about 4 hours a night of sleep. Damn this insominia and having a toddler!!
BuggadosMom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM
I couldn't agree with you more!

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Fact, I average about 4 hours a night of sleep. Damn this insominia and having a toddler!!
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM
You also have an entitled fetus and a toddler!!?

Wanna be friends? LOL

Quoting BuggadosMom:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

BuggadosMom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Haha I have a toddler that still does not sleep through the night and a baby in the belly that seems to think we're in some crazy opstical course that requires a ton of kicking and jumping.

Fml lol is it April yet?

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

You also have an entitled fetus and a toddler!!?

Wanna be friends? LOL

Quoting BuggadosMom:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN