Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I don't even know what to say.

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 49 Replies
A dearly loved friend of mine is in.. A... Pickle.

She was happily married for years. One night her hubby came home, after the kids were in bed, and they sat down to eat. For no explicable reason, he blindsided her by telling her he had had an affair at the beginning of their relationship with his ex wife.

For two days, she was a zombie emotionally. She finally had him move out. During the time he was gone, a long time male friend and business associate asked her to coffee. Sigh. Coffee became sex in a (imo) justifiable moment of weakness and confusion. She immediately told him it must never happen again, and she and her hubby eventually made up.

Sigh.

Sigh.

Sigh......

She's pregnant.

Her husband had a vasectomy almost two years ago....

She knows her cycles. She knows for a fact it is the other guy's.

Without being totally rude hateful person.. Put yourself in her shoes. What would you do??

Don't even waste my time with rudeness. It's already happened. Hurting her further does nothing but make you look bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.love.my.life
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this
They were separated, she had every right to sleep with someone else. Tell them both she's pregnant and do what she needs to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tessie on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

well. he better damn well forgive her! if she found it in her heart to forgive him then he had better do the same. as far as the baby goes, i would seriously consider adoption if she thinks having the baby around will be a constant reminder and will be treated badly. if it will be a positive reminder of them making it through the hard times in their marriage then keep it.

Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

What would I do about what? The baby?

little.worthen
by Tessie on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

and have the other guy sign away his rights 

Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

And what happened to new/fake Facebook missy

Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quoting little.worthen:

and have the other guy sign away his rights 

Thats completely unfair to the other guy though. He has every right to parent that child, if she decides to go through with the pregnancy.

StarryRain
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Yup.

Love the avatar. Someone just sent me a collection of those pictures.

Quoting Unoriginal.:

What would I do about what? The baby?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I would cry. a lot. 

I would never consider abortion, or adoption. I would keep my baby, tell my husband, and hopefully go from there. I wish her tons of luck,

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
The best thing at this point is to just be honest. She needs to tell him she was hurt and weak because of what she just found out, but she knows it was a mistake. I think they all need to decide together what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.D-_-
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I think if i was her i would just come clean and tell the husband. Maybe they will move past it and maybe they wont. But i think since he told about his affair then she should do the same 😔. Idk thats just my thoughts. I hope it all works out for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN