Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats one thing that erks you about the Holiday Season?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 43 Replies

Mine is people who justify spending a lot of money on themselves or their SO/family by saying, "Oh it's an early Christmas present" to themselves or someone else. 

Example: My sister and her husband just bought smart phone for themselves a month early. She said it was an early Christmas present. Ugh. 

My opinion is if it's a Christmas present WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS to use it, give it, whatever. And using the excuse of, "Well I got it for a great sale price" doesn't cut it. You can buy something for a wonderful price and still have the self control to WAIT A COUPLE WEEKS or so. To me it ruins the surprise and the magic of the day. The day of Christmas turns out to be opening presents that you may have "wanted" but couldn't, "live without". 

Ok Your Turn!!!! 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this
That ppl base Christmas on the gifts not the real reason. Also how kids think they should get a million presents regardless of the price!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arabellelynn
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this
The music, EVERYWHERE you go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Everyone saying I cant wait til its over, If ppl stopped worrying about buying this & that and focused on quality fun time with family youd be saying I never want this tp end.

People take these days for granted. Let me tell you as a mom of a SICK child, cherish every moment, create memories, cuddles, traditions. Decorate cookies, make a mess, teach your children not to stress holidays but to want to be cuddled up watching christmas movies & make popcorn strings:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedSoxWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That!!!! And how ridiculously needy people come crawling out of the woodwork!! I'm a member of freecycle.com, it's kinda cool( Google it) and lately no one is even trying to exchange things. They want name brand diapers, couches in certain colors, refrigerators, new clothes, to buy Christmas for their family, the list goes on . I don't mind getting a few things for kids, but not new phones, not an $80 toy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

complainers.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
The fact that it is supposed to be a happy, cheerful time of year and most people turn into jerks and become selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Crowds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Oh this reminds me, I need to check my belief points, I think im due for an upgrade! 

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM
This.

Quoting Courtney610:

complainers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Greco
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It bothers me that everyone is so crazy about gifts. People dot understand why my husband and I don't buy gifts for each other. To us, Christmas is a time for family activities, yummy baked goodies, and acts of kindness, not the amount of gifts that you receive. We do buy gifts for our son, but not a million...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)