Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Whats one thing that erks you about the Holiday Season?

Mine is people who justify spending a lot of money on themselves or their SO/family by saying, "Oh it's an early Christmas present" to themselves or someone else. 

Example: My sister and her husband just bought smart phone for themselves a month early. She said it was an early Christmas present. Ugh. 

My opinion is if it's a Christmas present WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS to use it, give it, whatever. And using the excuse of, "Well I got it for a great sale price" doesn't cut it. You can buy something for a wonderful price and still have the self control to WAIT A COUPLE WEEKS or so. To me it ruins the surprise and the magic of the day. The day of Christmas turns out to be opening presents that you may have "wanted" but couldn't, "live without". 

Ok Your Turn!!!! 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
StarryRain
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
3 moms liked this
That the word is irk, to start.

Otherwise, I only dislike Scrooges and Grinches.

It's Christmas. Enjoy the magic for a month in the middle of the daily drudgery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amanda81919
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Santa. And the fact that I refuse to incorperate (sp) him into our christmas is rediculous. Or the idea my kids will only be getting 2 presents. Oh my!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The people that go in to debt just to buy gifts for EVERY SINGLE PERSON in their extended family and then complain about it.

evilangel198431
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
The stores being so busy and no one having any consideration for others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am tired of how commercial it is. that is NOT what Christmas is about! 

MommyofSCC
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like how extra rude everyone seems to be when you are out and about during the holidays.  It doesn't matter where you are whether it is at the grocery store or dept store or anything else unrelated everyone seems to have their rude as can be pants on.  It makes me sad ;(

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM
The ungrateful people. I hate when people complain about not getting exactly what they want.

And when someone (its always my mother!!!) cannot tell you anything they want for Christmas but are out buying things for themselves... 0_o

And finally, the white elephants where people put in stupid crap that no one is ever going to use. If its a gag thing, fine. But I mean the stupid crap like straw glasses (yes, we actually got those one year)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM

wait.... like glasses made of straw or... a tiny pair of glasses to put on straws to like... jazz them up?

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

The ungrateful people. I hate when people complain about not getting exactly what they want.

And when someone (its always my mother!!!) cannot tell you anything they want for Christmas but are out buying things for themselves... 0_o

And finally, the white elephants where people put in stupid crap that no one is ever going to use. If its a gag thing, fine. But I mean the stupid crap like straw glasses (yes, we actually got those one year)

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i just think they start the season WAY TOO EARLY. like when Walmart was playing x-mas music before thanksgiving. THAT irks me.

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM
No, like glasses that have a long straw coming off of each side so when you can put them in a drink and when you suck through the straw the liquid goes through the glasses....

When would you ever use those! And were supposed to do $15. We saw those the next week for $2 at a store. :-/ we bought a calendar and movie tickets for it.

Quoting VictoriousTory:

wait.... like glasses made of straw or... a tiny pair of glasses to put on straws to like... jazz them up?

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN