Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Whats one thing that erks you about the Holiday Season?

Mine is people who justify spending a lot of money on themselves or their SO/family by saying, "Oh it's an early Christmas present" to themselves or someone else. 

Example: My sister and her husband just bought smart phone for themselves a month early. She said it was an early Christmas present. Ugh. 

My opinion is if it's a Christmas present WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS to use it, give it, whatever. And using the excuse of, "Well I got it for a great sale price" doesn't cut it. You can buy something for a wonderful price and still have the self control to WAIT A COUPLE WEEKS or so. To me it ruins the surprise and the magic of the day. The day of Christmas turns out to be opening presents that you may have "wanted" but couldn't, "live without". 

Ok Your Turn!!!! 

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
sissy852
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
When stores play christmas music to early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I didn't delete it I'm on my phone and for some reason it posted then didn't. I just said Christmas means different things to different people.

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

She asked I answered idk why would it mean spend spend spend but whatever that's just MO ;)

Quoting :

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VADIVA23
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM
The one thing that gets under my skin is people that buy alot of gifts and dont give back and alot of moms who work and still get gifts from other charities and thier children have gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate peaple who say that I cannot say seasons greetings without being harped on by those who are religious when i am not.

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
shellyote
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We aren't even religious but we have a tree up and have been playing Xmas music at night. I think now that I know just how fast she's growing up, I see the point in celebrating the holidays as a season and not a couple if days. We decided to send out photo cards and call it good.

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Everyone saying I cant wait til its over, If ppl stopped worrying about buying this & that and focused on quality fun time with family youd be saying I never want this tp end.

People take these days for granted. Let me tell you as a mom of a SICK child, cherish every moment, create memories, cuddles, traditions. Decorate cookies, make a mess, teach your children not to stress holidays but to want to be cuddled up watching christmas movies & make popcorn strings:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. Take it as a oppurtinity to just enjoy your family, do special crafts they dont have to be religious based. Popcorn strands. Hand print ornaments, as many good movie nights, where yoi just cuddle up & enjoy all the chaos being put to rest and giggles & laughter fill the room. Our dd is 2 so we cuddle in bed watch Ice Age we laugh she falls asleep, and we finish the movie

Quoting shellyote:

We aren't even religious but we have a tree up and have been playing Xmas music at night. I think now that I know just how fast she's growing up, I see the point in celebrating the holidays as a season and not a couple if days. We decided to send out photo cards and call it good.

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Everyone saying I cant wait til its over, If ppl stopped worrying about buying this & that and focused on quality fun time with family youd be saying I never want this tp end.

People take these days for granted. Let me tell you as a mom of a SICK child, cherish every moment, create memories, cuddles, traditions. Decorate cookies, make a mess, teach your children not to stress holidays but to want to be cuddled up watching christmas movies & make popcorn strings:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I can see that with other people... just not my sister :) lol 

Quoting katinahat:

Lol maybe people buy themselves early ones so that they can budget buying presents for everyone else a month later?

AleaKat
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Family is more than willing to tell us to drag our asses 12 hours with a family of 4 to see them for the holidays but them coming here to see us isn't even a consideration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazygirl907
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Grinches. I love the holidays, and I hate when I say that and people are like "Christmas sucks"

momtotwo08
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
The crowd everywhere you go, ugly Christmas sweaters, spoiled kids that want everything(mine included) and people getting wrapped up in shopping and forgetting why we have Christmas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)