Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

worried about the height percentile w ds...

Posted by   + Show Post
He had his 15 month well check today and hes in the 25th percentile for weight but only the 3rd for height!!! The dr isnt worried but WOW!!!! Was any one elses baby like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Replies (11-16):
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

DD has been in the <5% for height and <20% for weight for nearly her entire life. She's been meeting milestones and has been healthy, so her doctor is not concerned that she's a shorty. 

Candace8609
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Yea. His pediatrician said that if it were years ago, she would worry but now, i guess after doing research, she said hes a good weight and healthy. o there is no concern.

Quoting KMadsen:

Some kids are just smaller. Personally, I think the growth charts & percentiles are stupid. Everyone grows at a different rate.

Candace8609
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Lol shorty :P ds is tiny! He started walking right after he turned 1 and he looked like a tiny baby walking around lol

Quoting mrsniebo:

DD has been in the <5% for height and <20% for weight for nearly her entire life. She's been meeting milestones and has been healthy, so her doctor is not concerned that she's a shorty. 

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
It's funny seeing people react to things our tiny tots do that most babies that size can't. Dd impressed several people when she was 21 months old (and about the size of a 13 month old) and she was telling them very clearly the colors of anything we'd point to.

Quoting Candace8609:

Lol shorty :P ds is tiny! He started walking right after he turned 1 and he looked like a tiny baby walking around lol

Quoting mrsniebo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM
He will catch up. My now 5 year old weighed the same for over a year. My 3 year old will eventually catch up. He's small. He's only 30lbs. And just started wearing a 3t. He will be 4 in April.
AdoptingMommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM
i have the opposite issue my 2yr old (27 mths) is 40 inches tall! no charts for her. she is as tall as a 4 1/2 yr old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN