Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My 7 year old walked 4 miles with no adult supervision....PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • 46 Replies

Went to pick up my daughter from the after school program today at her school and my daughter wasn't there. My daughter is 7 years old and in the second grade. I started getting worried after about 5 minutes of the principal looking for her as well. When he asked to talked to me and another parent I knew it was trouble. Our kids are in the same class and apparently they took off walking after school. We didn't know they were missing for about 2 hours. It took us about 45 minutes to find them. They had the police on the way when another school called saying they were there. They had walked about 4 miles across 5 very busy intersections and multiple other smaller intersections. I never thought in a million years my daughter would take off like that. Her dad lives in texas and was freaking. Out and I couldn't stay on the phone with him because it was dying. I'm sooo thankful they are ok... And terrified of what could have happened.
I honestly have no idea how to punish her for this. Any suggestions.. Also is there any movies you can think of that would be good for her to watch about a kidnapping?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarryRain
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Bump for tomorrow morning when I can type out my story with oldest DD
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
And huge hugs
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM

thanks.. i am still freaking out over this and its been hours!

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Dude, I would show her where Elisabeth Smart was kidnapped! I know it isn't the same circumstances, but she was kisnapped none the less. I would have seriously spanked my child in front of God and everyone for that. Im so serious. I don't believe in spanking for less thatn serious things, but she needs to know how dangerous what she did was. I would make her read online about children being kidnapped!
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM

this is one thing we are going to talk alot about there was a girl that was kidnapped/ killed here in may. They have yet to find her. I want her to see what it puts everyone through, the cops, the parents, the kids she needs to understand what she did effected many different people. Her dad is alone in texas and helpless we are in Tucson and i dont know what he would have done if we hadnt found her when we did.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Dude, I would show her where Elisabeth Smart was kidnapped! I know it isn't the same circumstances, but she was kisnapped none the less. I would have seriously spanked my child in front of God and everyone for that. Im so serious. I don't believe in spanking for less thatn serious things, but she needs to know how dangerous what she did was. I would make her read online about children being kidnapped!

Mamaof32012
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Just stay calm and let her no that she can not do that anymore because there is bad people out there that could hurt her or take her away and she would not be able to see you anymore and next time wait in the office or on school grounds till you get there I no how it is my sons 8 it's very hard 

ShireeCS
by Shiree on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM

She left willingly with a boy to walk to his grandpas house... i never in a million years thought she would do something like that we have talked about kidnapping before

Quoting Mamaof32012:

Just stay calm and let her no that she can not do that anymore because there is bad people out there that could hurt her or take her away and she would not be able to see you anymore and next time wait in the office or on school grounds till you get there I no how it is my sons 8 it's very hard 

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
I can only imagine. At seven, she knows more than better to do this. I would make her write an almost research paper on the dangers of walking off like that. I would make her read all I could find about it and I would make her write about it. What did she say when you found her? What was her reasoning? I would imagine that her dad would have lost his damn mind!

Quoting ShireeCS:

this is one thing we are going to talk alot about there was a girl that was kidnapped/ killed here in may. They have yet to find her. I want her to see what it puts everyone through, the cops, the parents, the kids she needs to understand what she did effected many different people. Her dad is alone in texas and helpless we are in Tucson and i dont know what he would have done if we hadnt found her when we did.

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Mamaof32012
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM

She needs to no that she can not leave the school or any where else without letting you no first 

StarryRain
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Just telling her to stay put next time is not going to cut it, in my opinion. This should never everrrrrr happen again and Shiree needs to ensure that by making sure her DD knows without a doubt how serious that is, and what could have been.

Quoting Mamaof32012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)