Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you like to see at a Holiday Party for your Kiddos? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am planning on inviting all the little girls from DD's kindergarten class to a Gingerbread House Decorating Party. I want to have it on a Saturday from either 1-3pm or 2-5pm.

I am going to have the gingerbread house already assembled, so all they have to do is decorate with the candy.

After they decorate I was going to have them play some games- Pin the Nose on Rudolph, Knock down the Christmas Cups, Ring Toss, etc.

While the kids are playing(with supervision of course) I was going to clean off the table and set up snacks. I was thinking mini ham and cheese sandwiches cut into the shape of stars, fruit and veggies, juice, and some sort of sweets.

After that I was thinking about having them then make a craft. I was thinking about doing Gingerbread playdough. It's an easy home made recipe and then it's something else the kids get to take home.

I was also going to be doing a treat bag- The playdough( or other craft), a gingerbread man cookie, a Christmas pencil and stickers.

What are your thoughts? What would you change or add if your child was attending?

Here is the time table I was thinking of

1-1:45 Decorating time

1:45- 2:15 Game Time

2:15- 2:50 Playdough Making

2:50-3 Clean up, getting ready to go home.

I was also going to get my mom to help me with the decorating and snacks, and SO to supervise the games.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Bump!

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Sounds good. You may have to go to the class and hand out invites. Our schools guideline is if the teacher hands them out the whole class must be invited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM

The rules here are that if you want to hand out invites either you invite all the girls if you have a daughter, all the boys if it's for your son, or everyone. I just don't have the room for 18 kids.  But I will be double checking with the teacher first, just in case.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Sounds good. You may have to go to the class and hand out invites. Our schools guideline is if the teacher hands them out the whole class must be invited.

MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I think it sounds fun, but I'd go with the 1-3 time frame so the snacks don't interfere with dinner time. I know if my DD was snacking at a party that ended at 5 she wouldn't eat much at 6:30-7PM dinner.

alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

I think it sounds fun, but I'd go with the 1-3 time frame so the snacks don't interfere with dinner time. I know if my DD was snacking at a party that ended at 5 she wouldn't eat much at 6:30-7PM dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)