Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

would it be wrong?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

Would it be wrong to get married on Christmas eve?? want some opinions.. My fiance and I have been together for 3 years. We also have a 17 month old son together. We have wanted to get married for a while but financially we cant afford a ceremony and reception with all our other bills. So what I was thinking is have our close family attend a court house ceremony on Christmas eve, and have a celebration party/reception on Christmas.. seeing that we will be with our family anyway. Or what does everyone think about small weddings?

wedding

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I dont think so..my mom got married x-mas day to my stepdad. I thought it was really cute

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I think it's a great idea!There's no need for a hugge wedding and reception when it will just put you in to debt.My husband and I were married at the courthouse almost 7yrs ago and wouldn't have it any other way!

sissy852
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM
its not at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
A cute way to do it would be to go walk n see the lights around that area and stop in and get married it would shock everyone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Great idea. You'll never forget your anniversary! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheIrishDuckie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I think it'd be a cute idea! My husband and I got married at the JP the week before he left for bootcamp. Was best that way for us.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I think that sounds lovely.
Rach0307
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
DH and I had a courthouse wedding with immediate family only on December 21 (celebrating 5 years this month). We didn't want a big wedding since our families are huge and would want everyone there, plus we wanted to save money for our life instead (we didn't even live together until after we married and wanted to conceive within the first year, so there was a lot to save for). We also figured getting married on the longest night of the year would be romantic. Then, for 4 days after the wedding, we had a holiday party each day with different sides of our families. It was awesome! I say go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I got married at a court house, its what is going to be best for yall. I say go with it

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I think that sounds lovely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN