Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

im pregnant again with baby #2!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 26 Replies
So we found out were pregnant again. My daughter is 9 months old now. An I am 9 weeks pregnant so we went to the doctor ton find out for sure an we are. :) but there's a problem. The doctor office I go to doesn't do 8 week ultrasound he said I only get one done which is my 21 week. I don't think its fair cause with my first daughter I got 3 an I had a perfect pregnancy with her. If I went back to my old Drs office to get an ultrasound then could I go back to my current one. I want to see my baby an make sure everything is okay.
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEY1307
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Will they give you one if you pay out of pocket for it? My doctor did one at 7 weeks to see exactly how far along I was. However, I do have a history of miscarriage and stillbirth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Be it ultrasounds, techniques, regular check ups or anything in between, if you are not comfortable with how your doctor handles things, you need to see a different doctor. I'm not saying you need more ultrasounds, but if that is what you're happy with, you need to find a doctor that will suit.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

TheIrishDuckie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Most don't do an ultrasound until at LEAST 18 weeks. They can check the heart beat at 10 weeks and hear that everything is fine or not.

mommylizTB2809
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM

My ob dose 8 weeks but i understand what you mean, they should do ones beofre your 21 weeks. We are ttc #2. amd when my ob says im pregnant Im getting a new dr. I hope for the best you and your family, and I hope your baby is ok. ( I'm sorry I hope I didnt scared you, )

BeAmour
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL just the fact that you mentioned "it's not fair"............

Time to face the facts; life isn't fair.

josiahmom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats.

k_hall1784
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM
You don't really need an ultrasound. But congrats anyway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Why do you need to be at this new dr? Why don’t you go through your pregnancy with your old dr? Either way, you don't NEED an ultrasound. I had one total with my dd and would have only had one with my ds (i had a ton with him because i had serious complications with my pregnancy with him) and i had different drs with my pregnancies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM
i would change doctors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I would change doc because I never got the full ultrasound but they would measure baby and make sure there was a baby even in there on the little scanner. always at 6wks then at again at 12wks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)