Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Make up help

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM
  • 27 Replies

Ok, I have done the same eye shadow for the last 5 years and while I don't mind it, I want something different for Dhs Christmas party on Saturday. This was the first time I tried doing ”smoky eyes”. Help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Check out Youtube videos. That's is how I first got into makeup and I would play around. Watch Demi Lovato Inspired Makeup Tutorial-Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_QwDk7kgc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM
2 moms liked this
What you did looks fine you just need some shadow on the lower lid and more mascara. And maybe fill in your brows lightly.
EslingerCrew11
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Lol I usually use a light color all the way to my brow, but the tutorial I read said to stop at the crease. Ill play around more tomorrow. My mascara is a plum color (almays play up your eyes so its meant for green eyes) but I think a black would be better suited for this.

Thank you!!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

What you did looks fine you just need some shadow on the lower lid and more mascara. And maybe fill in your brows lightly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM
And I have NO clue how Im doing my hair right now. I think my face looks thicker when its down, but its hard to pull off an up do' with short hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to freelance for MAC...instead I using black for a smokey eye, try using a plum or eggplant color...use a light color (slightly lighter than your skin) right below the arch in your brows.
Use the eggplant color and smudge it under your eyes and line the waterline with a black liner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alison35
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to work for MAC also.! Best job ever. Go with a darker shade of the color of that you're wearing that night and blend some black in from the outer corner (circular motions). Pencil some eyeliner on the waterline and smudge the outer part of the waterline with back eyeshadow. For a more natural look, use concealer (a bit lighter than your skin) under the brow instead of shadow because that can look oily after a few hours. (or shaping the brow with concealer is always good too). Sorry for all the detail . Couldn't help myself!! Ha ha. Hope it helps! Good luck :)
lilyrose2011
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM
YouTube it up! I do my make up different all the time and still go to YouTube for new ideas or tricks. I also go to beautilish.com. They have some good videos on there to :)
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM
By lower lid I mean the bottom lid(lower lash line). You can use a lighter shade up to the brow just use a matte one. Yes you def want to use a black mascara for a smoked look.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Lol I usually use a light color all the way to my brow, but the tutorial I read said to stop at the crease. Ill play around more tomorrow. My mascara is a plum color (almays play up your eyes so its meant for green eyes) but I think a black would be better suited for this.

Thank you!!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Can you pin back just the top if your hair? That would be cute and a compromise between an updo and wearing it down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN