Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Was there anyone you didn't look forward to telling you were pregnant?

I dred telling my In-laws and my grandparents that we are expecting, they are less then supportive of our decisions.

This will be my 4th pregnancy, I have two living children, 11 month old son and a 6 year old daughter, I also had a son who was stillborn.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
ashleigh24
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Everyone at the time :( I had just left my boyfriend and moved back in with my mom. I was only 19. Of course I wish I would have been more responsible at the time but things happen and we made it through. My baby isn't a baby anymore. She is almost 7! She makes me so proud everyday!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrjjmt
by Jennie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM
My sister. This pregnancy was a huge surprise and she really wants a baby. We would have them around the same time if she hadn't miscarried.
Mami2oneboy
by Sara on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM
My dad, cause he would know I had sex lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM

My boss. He was a real dick about it at first but thankfully he eventually came around. But it was SO HARD to tell him, because I knew he was going to be difficult about it.

rockabell.2009
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

lol yeah being smothering is bad either way haha whether they are nice about it or not, it still just makes you want to scream cause you want a little space and to have your decisions respected without someone commenting on it constantly.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mine loves me. To the point she's obsessed with being invoked in every aspect of my business tho. She used to invite herself over, invite herself to spend the night.....I could never get rid of her lol. She's manipulative too. She throws herself pity parties when she's not invited to something or informed about our decisions. She's just very nosey and she doesn't know how to respect your personal space lol.

Quoting rockabell.2009:

My mother in law is overbearing and smothering as well. She doesn't like me at all and keeps telling him not to have more kids with me or he'll never get away from me :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mil. Shes so overbearing and smothering. From the second she found out she was shoving baby stuff down our throats. Which sounds nice except this baby was unplanned and we were well.... Shocked to say the least. She didnt even give us time to process anything before calling and messaging us 10+ times a day about cribs and shower themes and such.

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I totally agree. As nice as she's trying to be she drives me insane. I imagine I'd feel the same if she was disapproving. Prob more annoyed if she was disapproving.

Quoting rockabell.2009:

lol yeah being smothering is bad either way haha whether they are nice about it or not, it still just makes you want to scream cause you want a little space and to have your decisions respected without someone commenting on it constantly.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mine loves me. To the point she's obsessed with being invoked in every aspect of my business tho. She used to invite herself over, invite herself to spend the night.....I could never get rid of her lol. She's manipulative too. She throws herself pity parties when she's not invited to something or informed about our decisions. She's just very nosey and she doesn't know how to respect your personal space lol.

Quoting rockabell.2009:

My mother in law is overbearing and smothering as well. She doesn't like me at all and keeps telling him not to have more kids with me or he'll never get away from me :(

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mil. Shes so overbearing and smothering. From the second she found out she was shoving baby stuff down our throats. Which sounds nice except this baby was unplanned and we were well.... Shocked to say the least. She didnt even give us time to process anything before calling and messaging us 10+ times a day about cribs and shower themes and such.

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM
My youngest sister. She is a highly jealous personality who likes to be the center of attention.

This is my 4th as well and everyone was supportive, but I did get a little attitude from my sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM
With my first it was my dad & his mom & one of his sister's. With this one it was my grandmother & the same aunt as last time. My grandmother didn't really say anything when we told her, but 2 months earlier she had made the comment she hoped there were going to be no more grandchildren soon. My aunt said "oh boy" when we told her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Oh & with this one I dreaded telling my bestfriend because her & her dh were wanting conceive so bad, but were having no luck so she was upset, but she has been really excited & they decided they weren't ready for a baby lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

All the "parents".  Me and now DH had been only dating for about 6 months. I was SOOOO scared. His parents were good with it. When i told me mom, i was just apologizing over and over. Well, 5 1/2 yrs later, we are a small and happy family still.  (I was 21 went i got pregnant, DH was 23 and we were both military, supporting ourselves with medical care).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)