Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Was there anyone you didn't look forward to telling you were pregnant?

I dred telling my In-laws and my grandparents that we are expecting, they are less then supportive of our decisions.

This will be my 4th pregnancy, I have two living children, 11 month old son and a 6 year old daughter, I also had a son who was stillborn.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
TexasWife
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My husband's grandmother and his father. His father was one of those that made the whole "You know how that happens right?" Then say he was just kidding but we would hear it my whole pregnancy. His Grandmother literally yelled and belittled me when I told her we were expecting number 2. I understand that we were not in a good place. As I found out I was pregnant 2 day after his layoff. I still don't feel she had the right to yell at me like she did. BTW she was never told of our 3rd. She doesn't know he exist. That is ok. I should have figured she would be this way. Since she never sent my husband birthday cards but did send his other 3 siblings theirs. All of the others got graduation gifts from her including one who never graduated. So pretty much she never "remembered" my husband and he always felt she hated him. Oh to top it off. She made a baby blanket for my husbands nephew. When she gave it to him she said "Now I have given all of my great grandchildern hand made blankets." What a slap in the face. My daughter had never recieved one and neither had my oldest son. :/

raye-chan
by Raye on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I dread telling my mother if/when we get pregnant a second time. She's very overbearing, demanding, demeaning and thinks everything has to be done her or else. Like yesterday, she got a snow suit for my son and told me that Dante has to be put in one whenever he's put in his car seat.

I mentioned the fact we had a miscarriage earlier this month. She looked at me and laughed in my face. Told me that we didn't need anymore babies, that I didn't need to be calling my husband my hubby (even though we are legally married) and that I was screwing up Dante already. Yeah, we do good a few months but otherwise it sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabell.2009
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Wow! that's awful :( I hate when people say to people "you know how this happens?" I just wanna be l ike no i don't why don't you explain it to me lol

Quoting TexasWife:

My husband's grandmother and his father. His father was one of those that made the whole "You know how that happens right?" Then say he was just kidding but we would hear it my whole pregnancy. His Grandmother literally yelled and belittled me when I told her we were expecting number 2. I understand that we were not in a good place. As I found out I was pregnant 2 day after his layoff. I still don't feel she had the right to yell at me like she did. BTW she was never told of our 3rd. She doesn't know he exist. That is ok. I should have figured she would be this way. Since she never sent my husband birthday cards but did send his other 3 siblings theirs. All of the others got graduation gifts from her including one who never graduated. So pretty much she never "remembered" my husband and he always felt she hated him. Oh to top it off. She made a baby blanket for my husbands nephew. When she gave it to him she said "Now I have given all of my great grandchildern hand made blankets." What a slap in the face. My daughter had never recieved one and neither had my oldest son. :/

rockabell.2009
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Thats pretty mean to make comments like that especially after having a miscarriage :( I had a stillborn so i know how much it hurts to lose a child but couldn't imagine a comment like that

Quoting raye-chan:

I dread telling my mother if/when we get pregnant a second time. She's very overbearing, demanding, demeaning and thinks everything has to be done her or else. Like yesterday, she got a snow suit for my son and told me that Dante has to be put in one whenever he's put in his car seat.

I mentioned the fact we had a miscarriage earlier this month. She looked at me and laughed in my face. Told me that we didn't need anymore babies, that I didn't need to be calling my husband my hubby (even though we are legally married) and that I was screwing up Dante already. Yeah, we do good a few months but otherwise it sucks.

rockabell.2009
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Exactly, unless they are raising them they shouldn't have any kind of negative reaction to how many kids you want.

Quoting Taurij1011:

My mil! She was judge mental about our first two. Actually called her friend crying about how careless we were to get pregnant again with our second. Everytime some asks us if we want more we say maybe only time will tell and she always jumps in " no I think you guys have the perfect set. You have a boy and a girl!". My mom was 31 yrs old when she had me, I was 22 when I had my first, I could literally have another child in 10 years if I wanted too and still wouldn't be too old when they are older. Nt that I would that'd be kinda crazy but it's our choice!

raye-chan
by Raye on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Neither can i. She's very bitter sadly. She's the type that laughs at someone's pain and she was never like that until my stepdad came along.

I try to avoid her as much as possible. If they do see my son, it's only my step dad who I prefer to have see him honestly. At least he wants to spend time with him.

Quoting rockabell.2009:

Thats pretty mean to make comments like that especially after having a miscarriage :( I had a stillborn so i know how much it hurts to lose a child but couldn't imagine a comment like that

Quoting raye-chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

i didn't want to tell my dad and my aunt, we weren't married when we got prenant with my dd, i thought my aunt was going to be pissed, but she was excited that there was going to be another baby around.  My dad was not happy at all, not because we were having a baby, but it turns out my step mom and him were going through the process of IVF and didn't tell anyone.  He went home to tell his wife that I was pregnant and she told him that she was pregnant, a few weeks after that they found out it was twins.  it was really rough the first 2 years with them but now my dd loves the twins, they are all best friends and the twins spend the night and vice versa quite often.

avasmama1375
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
My parents I wasn't married and they didnt like my boyfriend so it was hard but they came around
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaGlitterBug
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM
My husband's Baby mama. Never knew if it would cause drama.
Antsbabigurl
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

My dad and both grandmothers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN