Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone sahms feel like their "just a mom"?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
I love being a sahm, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I've completely lost my identity. I don't have any friends in real life. It's kind of depressing. I hang out with people on occasion, but I'm just so socially awkward from where I don't hang out with or interact with adults anymore I can't keep friends. Is anyone else like this? I have two kids. I love being a mom, I really do. I'm just going crazy lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PennyLane2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
5 moms liked this
Took the words right out of my mouth.
ginnyk87
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
My day consists of feeding, diapering, bathing, kid shows, a husband I see a couple if hours a day, repeat... Lol
bellableu87
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I felt like that for awhile. Then got tired of it and really put myself out there to make mommy friends. Now we have many playdates throughout the week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbuggie
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I completely understand that feeling.
catherine_b
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I am there too!

I am looking for a part-time job as a waitress just to get out a little...and hsve a little money to myself without having to ask my df.
Mrs.Parker612
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

same here. but i do have one friend who also has 2 kids, but she works nights now so we never get to hang out and have play dates anymore.

Quoting ginnyk87:

My day consists of feeding, diapering, bathing, kid shows, a husband I see a couple if hours a day, repeat... Lol

bookwormmom2
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I have 2 kids too and I don't even feel like a wife right now cause my husband is overseas. I love my kids but the only.adult conversation I get is from my mother in law when she's not working and I need a translator for my 2 year old.

Quoting ginnyk87:

I love being a sahm, don't get me wrong, but I feel like I've completely lost my identity. I don't have any friends in real life. It's kind of depressing. I hang out with people on occasion, but I'm just so socially awkward from where I don't hang out with or interact with adults anymore I can't keep friends. Is anyone else like this? I have two kids. I love being a mom, I really do. I'm just going crazy lol.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I was there a few months ago. But I joined the YMCA and started working out. Plus I got DS involved in more activities so we have more structured reasons to get out of the house.

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Yup. I was just telling my dh this yesterday. I'm so lonely. The only people I hang out with, have kids also and that's all we talk about. But I dont know what else to talk about. Socially awkward indeed.

Quoting PennyLane2:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I totally understand.  I get stuck and not sure how to get out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)