Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms...what do i do....

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • 1 Replies

So im 22 with a 3 year old DD and 6 month old DS. I was working but got fired a few weeks ago. My DH works a pretty good job. He makes ok money. Well i was just offered a job tonight. But there is one problem. I will work 4pm to 12 pm. I'm the type of person that wants to be home in the evenings with my kids and DH. He works 6 to 5 monday through friday. So i would never see him. I had the option to take full time or part time. I kinda want to take part time so im home more, but i know my DH will want me to take the full time, 5 days a week. I just dont want to be away from my kids that many night and i have to be up with them at 6 in the morning. I worked 2 to 10 before and hated in. So i know i will ate this. I'm also going to college online, so i need time to do that. What you laddies do? Am i overreacting? And i know that if money got bad, i would go for full time. But i really think money will be ok. I'm lost, help.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Antsbabigurl
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I know how you feel. I'm in a similar situation. My husband works 10hr days and I'm a SAHM with two little ones. When I did work, my hours were 4:30pm until 10:30pm. It was crazy because I also had to be up whenever my baby was up. Financially I feel like I should work sometimes, but then I feel like we're in a good enough place that I don't have to work. My only advice would be to do what you think would be best for you and your family. Since you all are in an "ok" place then maybe you can focus on your children and school. If you all become too financially strained then maybe you can try to get a part time position that will hire during the day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)