Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Why is it so crazy that im working up until I go into labor?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
  • 309 Replies
So I work pretty much full time, some weeks part time. And like every day someone says "Will you be starting maternity leave soon?"

Umm no, im not due until Feb 4th. (or Jan 28th er something) They never specified which one but my usual dr out of my 3 says the 4th..anyways..

Im scheduled completely full time the first second and third week in January, then just 3 days the fourth week.

I probably wouldnt be if it werent for a full time person quiting with short notice due to health, and 2 people who have vacations...not to mention im still the only PRN phleb. So yea...i kinda have too...even with me full time, not everywhere will be covered so I see some overtime in my future as well.

But yea...alot of people say that or "i cant believe your still working!"

Granted my jobs insanely active..but idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookwormmom2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
With my first daughter I worked until I was.7 months pregnant but I had to quit cause it was taking too much if a toll on my body. I had extreme morning sickness for the first four months ended lost 15 pounds...I was working 16 hour days 6 days a week as an assistant manager at a subway on camp pendleton.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not. For all my kids I worked past full term. 

StarryRain
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I worked until I went into labor, one day, literally, with two kids.
rayroe2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I know there been days I know I couldn't work if I did work because I just couldn't move. My dd is upfront so walking is near impossible. LOL I am pregnant and would ask you that. What kind of job do you do?

CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Im a phlebotomist, I draw blood. Our hospital is very large so theres alot of walking.

Quoting rayroe2:

I know there been days I know I couldn't work if I did work because I just couldn't move. My dd is upfront so walking is near impossible. LOL I am pregnant and would ask you that. What kind of job do you do?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:21 AM
With my first I worked until like 8 months, then with my second I was a stay at home mom. But with my first I worked at a gas station so I pretty much just stood there. This place is huge so im constantly walking.

Quoting bookwormmom2:

With my first daughter I worked until I was.7 months pregnant but I had to quit cause it was taking too much if a toll on my body. I had extreme morning sickness for the first four months ended lost 15 pounds...I was working 16 hour days 6 days a week as an assistant manager at a subway on camp pendleton.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this

if you can do it i dont see an issue. im already on bed rest with this pregnacny, something ive never even had to think about with previous pregnancies but sure enough, this one, as of 30weeks i am modified bed rest. some people can do it some cant and every pregnancy is different. some people can work up until 3 days before their due dates and be fine, some cannot

rayroe2
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The nice thing about that, is it will help your delivery be a little easier, it might even make baby be on time =]

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Im a phlebotomist, I draw blood. Our hospital is very large so theres alot of walking.

Quoting rayroe2:

CafeMom Tickers
LongBeachLiz
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:31 AM
With dd my first day of maternity leave was nov 1st. I wa due nov 8th. I would have worked longer but they made me decide a date ahead of time. Why not work until the very end unless you physically can't?
StephanAndCoral
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I was physically active ( hiking, bowling, working, etc...) up until I had my son then went back to work the day after my Dr released me and worked until I had my daughter I had her at 4:51 am and was scheduled.to open the store at 5am that morning. So as long as health allows I see nothing wrong with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN