Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

IF YOU ARE FAT, YOU ARE A BAD MOTHER *EDIT

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
  • 242 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OPINIONS. THEY WERE VERY INTERESTING.

POLL IS NOW CLOSED.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NyiaBaby216
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:39 AM
15 moms liked this
I picked other, because Im not fat. I dont believe that overweight equals bad parent. Especially because it's not always someones lifestyle, that causes them to be that way. There ARE other factors
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Page98
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I mean if you are fat because you dont take care of yourself. (i.e you dont eat right, you dont exercise, etc.) 

I'll edit. 

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

I picked other, because Im not fat. I dont believe that overweight equals bad parent. Especially because it's not always someones lifestyle, that causes them to be that way. There ARE other factors

DayDreamer1201
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I am a bigger woman, always have been... I always eat right and excercise with my kiddo, but with how I treated myself when I was younger, I feel I will never get back to where I should be

Page98
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are you? 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

I am a bigger woman, always have been... I always eat right and excercise with my kiddo, but with how I treated myself when I was younger, I feel I will never get back to where I should be

AliKatCam
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM
11 moms liked this

I don't know what that means. What does your weight have to do with your motherly abilities?  Sure if you are 500+lbs and have to force your children to care for you because you are too fat to move then you are a bad mother just because you have caused yourself to be obese and now your kids are suffering for it. 

Or if you are in a situation where this could happen then you could be dubbed as not a good mother. 

However if you are just fat and you are not lazy and not making your kids miserable and not forcing McDonald's down your kids' throats every day then why would anyone call you a bad mom? Hell, your kid is probably the reason you are big now.

Jenn_A
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM
16 moms liked this

I'm overweight, but not one of my six kids is, they are all thin, mostly because we are very active. Family walks, bike rides, martial arts, and a fitness class. Our favorite is hiking in the mountains; we have our favorite 6 mile trail. My kids win fitness awards all the time at school, and my daughter won her age division in the recent 5K run. My son took second in his division. My youngest finished in good time(she ran with me) but could not compete cause she was 'too young'. My kids are learning that "fat" people are that way for many reasons, and don't need to be discrimanated against.

DayDreamer1201
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM

21. When I was 5-10 I was molested by my step brother and since that all happened, I stopped taking care of myself. 

Quoting Page98:

How old are you? 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Page98
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh...

You are so young hunny. Literally... and that shit was ages ago. You are a mother and have given birth. All that nasty shit is behind you and you are not a victim but a surviver! ... 

It sucks to hear you like youve given up. Like this is it for you. If you want it, you can totally make that change. You owe it to yourself to feel your best! 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

21. When I was 5-10 I was molested by my step brother and since that all happened, I stopped taking care of myself. 

Quoting Page98:

How old are you? 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Page98
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The question is more referring to the fact that by being overweight some might agree that you are setting a bad example on what is "normal" to your kids.

When being overweight, most doctors would agree, causes a lot of diseases. 

Quoting AliKatCam:

I don't know what that means. What does your weight have to do with your motherly abilities?  Sure if you are 500+lbs and have to force your children to care for you because you are too fat to move then you are a bad mother just because you have caused yourself to be obese and now your kids are suffering for it. 

Or if you are in a situation where this could happen then you could be dubbed as not a good mother. 

However if you are just fat and you are not lazy and not making your kids miserable and not forcing McDonald's down your kids' throats every day then why would anyone call you a bad mom? Hell, your kid is probably the reason you are big now.

DayDreamer1201
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I know mama. There's really no where to excercise around here. (I live in a little one horse town) We're at 13* right now... wind chill brings it down to -6 right now. lol Can't go outside! I try, we eat healthy, we do what we can... 

Quoting Page98:

Oh...

You are so young hunny. Literally... and that shit was ages ago. You are a mother and have given birth. All that nasty shit is behind you and you are not a victim but a surviver! ... 

It sucks to hear you like youve given up. Like this is it for you. If you want it, you can totally make that change. You owe it to yourself to feel your best! 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Quoting Page98:

How old are you? 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN