Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

IF YOU ARE FAT, YOU ARE A BAD MOTHER *EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OPINIONS. THEY WERE VERY INTERESTING.

POLL IS NOW CLOSED.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
ninjakids
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Im overweight..from a mixture of things.. 20lbs of it is what i gained after going on depo.. However even with being overweight i agree that if you do not help your kids develop proper eating habits and exercise that your doing doing everything you should. Its easy to order in food all the timeand let them sit on a computer / infront of a tv but in the long run its more damaging to them. My son is preregistered for hip hop dance class when he starts school (1.5 more years ) & will be in a martial arts class of his choice and a sport of his choice ( hea already drawn to hockey ) to help encourage him to life a healthy lifestyle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oOoLeilanioOo
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm overweight and I do my best to set a healthy example, however hypothyroidism makes it extremely difficult to get to a healthy weight.

Paperfishies
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM
4 moms liked this
Only if your fatassness keeps you from caring for, providing for and bonding with your children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shilohkitten
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
11 moms liked this

Yeah, no.  It doesn't mean you're a bad mom.  It means you have other shit going on that is pulling your focus from taking care of yourself.  I'm overweight, and I am a fucking awesome mom.  My son loves the shit out of me because I take the time to check in with him daily and see how he's doing, make sure everything is going good for him and spend quality time with him.  I do the things that matter to him, which are mostly me playing video games with him right now.  It's cold as fuck outside and I would rather play with my son than exercise in the cold, and frankly after work I am freaking exhausted since I have just had a 10 hour day and there is nothing I want LESS than exercise.  

I'm not lazy.  I work my ass off.  I make 98% of what my husband does (and I'm only 2% behind because he is 3 years older than me and has had that much longer in the workforce to make his money).  I work 10 hour days outside the home and still feed my family nutritiously and make sure everyone is happy and healthy.  We take vitamins and get as many servings of veggies as we can.  And yet, I'm overweight because I ate too many dang donuts at work.  While making half our household income.  Excuse me for stress eating once in awhile.  My son sees me work hard, he knows exactly what I do at work and why it's important, and what benefits it brings to our household.  I am teaching him the value of hard work and dedication, and that some things are not easy but they are still worth doing.

So excuse me if I disagree.

tigerdragon1313
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't see how weight would make you a bad parent.

I grew up with a family of bigger people, and was big myself for a long time, when I reached high school I realized it was unhealthy the way I was taught and wanted to change my ways I wanted to find my own self, and I learned alot from those habits, but my bigger grandmother, who rasied me, was a great parent, and her weight was never a factor.

You are who you are, no matter what.

sissy852
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM
i choose other i am over weight but i am also preggo with ds2 i am 37 weeks along. I just had ds1 last year in november. But i dont think that being bigger plays a role in being a good parent or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HannahLee87
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I was over 300lbs at one point. I'm down to 167... I was no less of a mother at 300lbs than I am now. My children not fat at all. My 8 year old is 35 lbs and my 4 year old is 30lbs. My children have very good eating habits!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJuliet
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this

If you're ugly, you're a bad parent.
How dare you make a child with how ugly you are!
The world doesn't need that.

Maybe I should be under a bridge somewhere. lol!!

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

MistyMoo
by Amber on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM
I don't necessarily think it makes someone a bad parent as a whole.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Twinkie!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)