Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

IF YOU ARE FAT, YOU ARE A BAD MOTHER *EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OPINIONS. THEY WERE VERY INTERESTING.

POLL IS NOW CLOSED.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Replies (241-242):
Page98
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

The question was referring to the mother who is overweight because she overeats or does not exercise. Meaning she doesn't value her temple. I don't think everybody read the question correctly.

Quoting BrookieCookie1:

Couple question off the top of my head. What if you are skinny from lack of self care? I don't eat-period. Sometimes b/c I'm too busy and sometimes because many of the idiotic opinions in American culture, the same ones I've grown bored of by page three of this thread,even. And speaking of that, another question.... isn't it immature parenting to propagate the 'unfavorable outside appearance is equivocal with 'badness' ' on any level? We teach our kids that you can't tell , say, who's a child molester by the look of a person and then, like a bunch of re-res say fat people are bad parents' and maybe can't figure out why later in life our kids don't trust our wisdom or call us hypocrites. Quite frankly, I'm tired if the rest of the world viewing American culture synonomously with ignorance and stupidity and I believe that parents of a higher caliber would at least attempt to mitigate some of the poor cultural beliefs for which we are recognized

johnie_carney
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I struggle with my weight and dont exercise because I have to leave my son for 9 hours a day to work then i dont want to leave him any longer to go to the gym. I try to walk after work but my shift starts mid morning and ends mid evening so theres really no time. I try eating healthy but its hard to do that when its expensive and i have to buy diapers, formula, etc for my son. SO if anything i put my health on the line to ensure my son has what he needs((no i WILL not go on assistance)). Im trying to make better choices and I also have PCOS which causes weight problems which makes even harder to loose the weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)