Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

IF YOU ARE FAT, YOU ARE A BAD MOTHER *EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OPINIONS. THEY WERE VERY INTERESTING.

POLL IS NOW CLOSED.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this

i think any one that thinks that is a bitch. you have no idea what is going on in that family or what health problems the mother has that keeps her from being able 2 work out get in shape ect. people need to quit judging until they have walked a mile in their shoes. this world is going to hell because people cant seem to show love, compassion, understanding ect to others.

seraphimsong
by Ashley on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I do think that if you are too lazy to take care of yourself, then that is probably the example you are setting for your kids. I mean, they do what we do, so why wouldn't it? I don't necessarily think that means that you are a bad parent.

savannahmom2011
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I'm overweight and I know I am but I'm a damn good mom I love my kid she is my life I don't do all I need to do I try cooking healthy but I don't exercise maybe when I start college spring semester I will find some friends and go to the gym
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

lets add a pole next to this one: I am a bad mother because I am underweight (i.e. anorexic)...

tbursac777
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM
3 moms liked this

oh girl! I live int he BOONIES.. we are technically considered a Village bc our population isn't big enough to be a city. there is NO WHERE to go out and exercise.. and i have 3 kids, and no sitter. I bought a wii fit, and lost 20lbs. I also did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (all here in your own home, all you need is some hand weights) and lost 35lbs!

it's possible to do it at home by yourself!!

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

I know mama. There's really no where to excercise around here. (I live in a little one horse town) We're at 13* right now... wind chill brings it down to -6 right now. lol Can't go outside! I try, we eat healthy, we do what we can... 

Quoting Page98:

Oh...

You are so young hunny. Literally... and that shit was ages ago. You are a mother and have given birth. All that nasty shit is behind you and you are not a victim but a surviver! ... 

It sucks to hear you like youve given up. Like this is it for you. If you want it, you can totally make that change. You owe it to yourself to feel your best! 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

21. When I was 5-10 I was molested by my step brother and since that all happened, I stopped taking care of myself. 

Quoting Page98:

How old are you? 

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

I am a bigger woman, always have been... I always eat right and excercise with my kiddo, but with how I treated myself when I was younger, I feel I will never get back to where I should be

yayasdaughter
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Once someone is already fat. they can still take care of themselves, but it's hard to keep weight off. So no.

3rd2bedue
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I've got inches of fat ( from having my kids and eating awful after* Yeah I do feel like a bad example and I REALLY need to get motivated to work off these last 20lbs of baby blubber! The boys would like to work out with me too in all honesty, we eat healthy though! I Love nutrition, just need to get into a regular work out routine! 

lambdarose
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I disagree. I know alot of thin people that eat horrible and drink all the time and just because someone is normal weight or thin that does not mean they are healthy. oh and health is not all about the food one eats either.  you can be normal weiight and still be very unhealthy.

firespurity
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Other I know "fat" people that make choices a skinny person would make concerning exercise and diet, but because of a horrible diet as a child the weight just sticks.

But a fat person making poor diet choices and knowingly passing those choices on (as in feeding young children these poor choices) is very iffy. It is something to be ashamed of. Merely being fat and maybe being to lazy to change it, not so much. 

Angel_Red7
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

A lot of children in my area that are ridiculously overweight there parents are overweight and unhealthy as well. 

I think it really boils down to actions. Children observe and then mimic. 

I will admit that I do not always eat healthy but my family is healthy. I strongly promote being active as a family. I can't expect my kids to eat right or exercise if I don't. If I didn't take care of myself, then my children would find it acceptable to not take care of themselves. 

So I agree with your post when thinking about not taking care of ones self which is like being a poor role model. There are also ways around obstacles. For instance, genetics can suck! But people know when their child is at a higher risk or when they are at higher risk. Risks are prevented by taking measures such as taking care of yourself. 

If you are overweight but trying to take care of yourself such as exercising or eating right, that is different. It's all about observable behaviors, in my opinion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)