Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I feel like my friends have abandoned me.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 31 Replies
Ever since my so called friends found out, I was, prego everything changed! now that I have, had my daughter and, she is 18months old I feel like they are dropping like flies... I am literally down to no-one and it is really starting to take a toll on me...

Any advice as to how I can overcome this?
And please stay positive!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

it happened to me when i got preg with my oldest.  True friends would stick around. I sugesst looking into some mommy groups and finding some peers that will understand your life now.

SpurgeonMom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the pp put your daughter in activities mingle with other moms I didn't make any friends till my oldest started school that's where I met my best friend. Good luck mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kewi86
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

This timing for you is a test because it will reveil who your true friends are.  Anyone who want to fade away because of the recent change in your life don't have your best interest.  I went through it when I began having children and it helped to be with other moms who are in the same shoes as me.  Those who are having children themselves and/or have children can relate to you better than those who have not experience it themselves.  I hope this help. 

msjaxon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM
If you arent in the same space in life, you won't keep in touch. That's life, find new friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
landen1229
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea it happened to me too when I got married to my husband but got worse when I had me son. I mange just because I look for other people like me to talk too..

kblossom20
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Well I'm in the same boat. Nobody wants to chill anymore..... I'm pregnant with my first :/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

MrsCountryMama
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:54 AM
This happens to most new Moms. I met other Mom friends at the park and play groups baisically anywhere you take your children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
The girl who I thought was my best friend dropped me and suddenly turned godly when she found out I was pregnant.....it hurt like hell because I loved her like a sister.

I came in contact with my best friend from highschool after having my daughter(she also has a daughter) and I have a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:21 AM
It happens. How old are you ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muss_the_Fuss
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I'm 22. I know I am  young mom, and I am sure my age group has a lot to do with it...

Quoting Fields456:

It happens. How old are you ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)