Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

pregnant, nooo!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 17 Replies
Just wanted to get you in here...

I have a friend who is TTC right now, she has some complications in the past, so it os harder for her to get pregnant. They are using fertility charts and all that jazz, don't know specifics. But other than those, does any have advice on things they can do to help?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamsk8mommy1
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Usually i go with the whole "you get pregnant when you least expect it. No harm in just letting things go with the flow."

Hope she is expecting soon. Baby dust!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Hana on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM

They could just have sex daily. When dh caMe home from Iraq we did it daily for 2 months before I got pregnant. Granted we weren't trying but we weren't trying to prevent it.

MeghanPerez
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:05 AM
We tried for months to get pregnant and had no luck. I was constantly tracking my ovulation and on days I was most fertile, we would have sex 2 or 3 times that day. Still nothing.

As soon as we decided to stop trying (we weren't preventing - I just stopped obsessing and tracking), we got pregnant. Good luck to your friend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
linds0712
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Tell her to take baby asprin. I had a friend who had been trying for a year....started taking it every day and got pregnant like right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jlu88
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Good advice. I bet the stress of tracking ovulation and all that can wreak havoc in it's own way, and it would all lead up to not getting preggo. I just about almost said that, it will happen when it is.meant to. The reason they to be pregnant soon, is in part to her schooling. In July 2014, she will be starting some radiology classes, I think, and she can't be pregnant for those, so she'd like to have a baby before and not have to wait. So she has a little time to just let it be and happen.

Quoting MeghanPerez:

We tried for months to get pregnant and had no luck. I was constantly tracking my ovulation and on days I was most fertile, we would have sex 2 or 3 times that day. Still nothing.

As soon as we decided to stop trying (we weren't preventing - I just stopped obsessing and tracking), we got pregnant. Good luck to your friend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juneboys6229
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM

My husband and I tried to get preg with our 2nd son for 4 years. we thru all the testing and not a thing was wrong with either of us. I finally just gave up, and the VERY next month it happened. Ive heard of people saying it happens when u stop tryin and it deff worked for me:)

rayroe2
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM

just relax.

Jlu88
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Thanks ladies. Very true. When my dh and I we're doing the not trying but not preventing either is.when it happened for us.
We had tried the past two months and nothing. When I had tried before my period it never happened, but after produced the results lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loralismommy224
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Quoting MeghanPerez:

Exact same thing for us!
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

We've tried the really structured sex strategy of having sex on certain days, we've tried the "just let it happen" way, we've tried just not preventing. For us, nothing has worked. But we're not typical. I think that in general the best thing is to relax and really enjoy the practicing.

I do strongly support tracking one's cycle either through temps or through cervical mucus, etc. Whether you're actively trying or not it can be a very good thing to keep track of your cycle. I suggest a handy app like Fertility Friend mobile because it does most of the work for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN