Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I have to know..am i the only mom that feels this way?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 62 Replies
2 moms liked this

Some may bash me for this and some may say im a bad mom, but i just have to see what other moms think. I guess i really didnt care how my children came out of me. I hear moms say all the time that they wont do an epidural, they want to have home births, they wont be induced. Me, i had it all. My DD born 3 years ago was an induction at almost 41 weeks. I had the epidural and she is just fine. With my DS who was born 6 months ago, I was induced, my choice at almost 39 weeks. Had pitocin and and an epidural. And he is just fine.

Yes i understand there are risks with induction and epidural and things, but i trust my doctors. I got very close to my doctors, and they know what they are doing.  I would of loved to have a home birth, but im glad i didnt. My DD was 9lbs 11oz and got stuck and had to have help breathing after birth. So im glad i was at the hospital. My son also had to have help breathing after birth because his cord was around is neck.

I guess i dont understand why its so important on how your baby comes out? All that matters is that you have a healthy baby in the end in your arms. And i do understand there are risks, but how many babies are born with inductions, C sections, epidurals and are just fine? I just want to know if any other moms feel this way.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM
8 moms liked this
I agree with you. I find it ridiculous that so many women romanticize the actual birth, all that should matter is that mom and baby are healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rae09
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

I agree with you. I find it ridiculous that so many women romanticize the actual birth, all that should matter is that mom and baby are healthy.

Thank you. Im glad im not alone.

MommyRJ
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I understand what your saying. Mine were both born by csection and I'm at peace with that. I'd love to experience a vaginal birth, non medicated but it's just not in the cards for me. And that's okay. I think most moms around here who voice their opinions towards a natural delivery just want some moms to be aware of I nessesary risks. I think some moms also get carried away and it turns into an argument. BUT I just ignore alot of posts. Because like I said I'm at peace with my decisions and my children were born healthy and I remained healthy and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM
*unnessasary*

Quoting MommyRJ:

I understand what your saying. Mine were both born by csection and I'm at peace with that. I'd love to experience a vaginal birth, non medicated but it's just not in the cards for me. And that's okay. I think most moms around here who voice their opinions towards a natural delivery just want some moms to be aware of I nessesary risks. I think some moms also get carried away and it turns into an argument. BUT I just ignore alot of posts. Because like I said I'm at peace with my decisions and my children were born healthy and I remained healthy and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
For me it was preventing those risks. I cared enough to do the research and find out what can happen. The way I explain it is, u could not put your baby in a car seat and hope they never get hurt or u can put them in a car seat and know they will be safer. It does matter that mom and baby are healthy, but I prefer to make sure no risks are taken with my children. I hope one day that c-sections, epidurals, and induction will be by law only a ailable for those who medically need them. Not for those who only want the out of convienience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinytoes1028
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I totally agree with you. When my doctor asked me to figure out a birth plan and then have it ready to discuss at the next appointment my boyfriend and I were like uhh we dont really care as long as everyone is healthy! I did have an epidural with my son and he was born vaginal and so far I dont see anything wrong with him but a wild 13 month old boy! I am 14 weeks pregnant with our second and my plan hasn't changed...do what needs to be done in order for everyone to be safe and healthy. I prefer to be in a hospital where i know there is going to be equipment for any situation that may occur but thats my personal opinion.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I didn't want an epidural, so I didn't have one. I don't understand why other people have issues with this. No, I didn't get a trophy. It's not about that. I wanted to birth a certain way, so I did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

with my first delivery, it was crazy from beginning to the day my son finally came home from the NICU.

they pushed and pushed for me to have a csection, but i was so against it, because everything else in my pregnancy was hard, and i was basically a human test subject. i demanded my vaginal birth, and i got it. but, i had to endure an induction to get my vaginal birth. i didnt want that, but it was to save my sons life. i had an epidural. i was just a little kid when I had him so i was scared to death already.

my second birth, i was a little more prepared for what was going to happen since i'd already done it once. i didnt want a csection, but i dont knock moms who have them. i had an epidural with my second birth as well. some people view that as selfish, or terrible, but i was the only one having MY baby and i wanted to be comfortable, and didnt want to hurt myself anymore.

it doesnt matter how babies get into the world, as long as they come into the world safely, and it was according to the moms birth plan, or as close as it can be. and everyone has a different definition of what child birth means to them. and to me, childbirth means numb from the waist down, lol.

Maky.Medina
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I Agree, all my 3 babies were born vaginal and had to be induced because they were all late...i had epidurals all 3 times as well (i have very low tolerance for pain, plus the 2 last times i was having high blood pressure and i almost had to go in for C-section)...my last pregnancy i had pitocin, all 3 were born healthy and happy and still are :)

jnw2992
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I agree i tried so hard to have an all natural birth but when the doctor told me i needed to start pitocin or i would have to have a c-section i tried pitocin and my body still refused labor so i had to have an emergency c-section i balled my eyes out for days after but it was to save my dd life

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

For me it was preventing those risks. I cared enough to do the research and find out what can happen. The way I explain it is, u could not put your baby in a car seat and hope they never get hurt or u can put them in a car seat and know they will be safer. It does matter that mom and baby are healthy, but I prefer to make sure no risks are taken with my children. I hope one day that c-sections, epidurals, and induction will be by law only a ailable for those who medically need them. Not for those who only want the out of convienience.

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural feeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, catholic momma of 2 wonderful girls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)