Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now accepting applications!! LOL

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 54 Replies
5 moms liked this

Why are good friends so hard to find?! I have virtually no friends and I get so lonely sometimes. Luckily my husband is like my best friend but I need some girl time!! I lost alot of so called "friends" when I got pregnant at 18 with my daughter but even since then Ive gotten kind of close with a couple people and they end up stabbing me in the back or they are just too much drama which I dont tolerate. Ughhh its just so frustrating!! I dont need a ton of friends, I would rather have one true friend than ten flaky ones. Its so hard to even make new friends when you are a stay at home mom, so Im hoping that I can make some friends here :) Sorry for my little rant lol

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MayFlowerMomma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like my friends have abandoned me. Not only me but DH as well. It's crazy that people think parents don't need friends once they have a baby. Where are you located?

MommyofSCC
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I understand.  Have you looked to see if there are any mommy groupls in your area?

LilRed8626
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Quoting MayFlowerMomma:

I know exactly how you feel. I feel like my friends have abandoned me. Not only me but DH as well. It's crazy that people think parents don't need friends once they have a baby. Where are you located?

I know!! I dont get it!! I am in Illinois, where are you located?

LilRed8626
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Yeah, I live in a really small town. There is not much around here at all, which makes it that much harder to find friends, as if it wasnt hard enough already lol

Quoting MommyofSCC:

I understand.  Have you looked to see if there are any mommy groupls in your area?

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I know how you feel, I lost all my friends when I had my first child at 17...and I'm the same as you, my husband is my best friend basically but I NEED that girl time lol. 

MommyofSCC
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Ohhh thats no good :(

Quoting LilRed8626:

Yeah, I live in a really small town. There is not much around here at all, which makes it that much harder to find friends, as if it wasnt hard enough already lol

Quoting MommyofSCC:

Ruthzaad
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I am in that same spot, its really hard to find someone that is truly honest and when you are truly honest with them they say you're full of BS. It's ever harder because I don't work and I don't always have the car so I don't really know a way to go out and make friends. It's poop lol I do hope you find someone though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I hear ya!  I have two friends that still hang out with me.  They don't mind coming over and don't get pissy when I can't go out drinking or what not.  One lives an hour away, so I don't see her much.  The other just finished treatment for cancer, so she's stuck at her house with no immune system (I do visit, but it's cold season and babies are germy, so I don't too often)

Momma2013
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Where in IL? I'm by the WI/IL border. Actually live in WI but I work in IL

LilRed8626
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Im by the IL/MO border. Close to St. Louis

Quoting Momma2013:

Where in IL? I'm by the WI/IL border. Actually live in WI but I work in IL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)