Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I honestly don't know how I do it...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have 3 kids under 5 years old...

I have a 4 year old son, a 1 year old son, and a 1 month old daughter...

I'm also 22 years old, my husband is 22 years old as well. He works 40 hours a week and as of right now I stay at home with the kids, I was working until I got pregnant with my daughter. 

Somehow everyday I take care of the 3 of them by myself with no help at all and at the end of the night I wonder how I make it through my days lol. I must be doing something right? 

If you have more than 1 child under the age of 5, how did you make it? Was it a challenge for you or did you just do it with no problems at all?

Somedays I find myself going crazy, I live in my pjs everyday unless I leave the house, which is rare now a days lol, I never wear makeup, or do my hair, I have bags under my eyes, spit up on my shirt lol. I don't want my daughter to get bigger, but then again I really can't wait until she sleeps through the night! :)

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaygarcia97
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I have two kids they are 3.5 and 22 months. Some days I feel like I'm crazy other days it runs just fine. Most of the crazy days come when dh works late or has 24hr duty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM
At one point I had two under five. I work full time and SO works second and third shift. They are now 5 and 9, but it's still not easy. I've got to deal with an extremely demanding job, come home to take care of dinner, homework, cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the dog by myself since he is at work. Right now he is away on business for the week and that's even worse because I have to get up way earlier to get the boys ready and get the dog out for a walk every morning since that's something he normally does. In the beginning it used to wear me down bad, now I'm kinda used to it. I wish he had a day shift job so he was home to help more, but at least he has a job. It's by far easy, but I'm doing it lol. Being a mom whether you work or stay at home is not easy... But it can be done. Organization is the key, as well as teaching your kids to help, and mind themselves. My kids help out when asked and even though I deal with a lot at night with them they don't give me a hard time. My kids are for the most part very respectful and I don't find myself going crazy because they don't listen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

It's hard when the other parent is hardly ever home because of work :( You can't ever catch a break it seems like! When my husband does get home he goes right to bed only to get up in the morning and do it all over again. I stay up with our baby all night so he can sleep and then I care for all the kids while he's gone. So I'm doing it all on lack of sleep lol I just can't wait until she starts sleeping longer so I can at least get a good few hours of non stop sleep a night lol!

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM

See I wish my 4 year old would listen, I'm pretty sure he has ADHD he's very hard to control at times and he has a very hard time listening :( He gets so overly active at times that it's almost impossible to get him to calm down! My 1 year old is popping out 6 teeth at the moment so he's constantly crying and glued to my feet all day and my 1 month old is well, a baby lol so she's usually right in my arms all day everyday. I can not find a single moment to myself anymore even when I use the bathroom they follow me in there and usually I'm still holding the baby lol!

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

At one point I had two under five. I work full time and SO works second and third shift. They are now 5 and 9, but it's still not easy. I've got to deal with an extremely demanding job, come home to take care of dinner, homework, cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the dog by myself since he is at work. Right now he is away on business for the week and that's even worse because I have to get up way earlier to get the boys ready and get the dog out for a walk every morning since that's something he normally does. In the beginning it used to wear me down bad, now I'm kinda used to it. I wish he had a day shift job so he was home to help more, but at least he has a job. It's by far easy, but I'm doing it lol. Being a mom whether you work or stay at home is not easy... But it can be done. Organization is the key, as well as teaching your kids to help, and mind themselves. My kids help out when asked and even though I deal with a lot at night with them they don't give me a hard time. My kids are for the most part very respectful and I don't find myself going crazy because they don't listen.

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I had 3 kids in 5 years. I just did it. My husband had been laid off while i was pregnant with my youngest. he had to take a lower paying job and a second job. he was rarely home. It was hard at times, especially since we aren't close to our families. We did it though.

Now my kids are 8, 6, and 3. We all survived! Luckily he was able to get a much better job when my youngest was about 6 months, so he was only gone the normal 40 hours a week. Life was complicated, but now it's so much fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Well, I had a 3 ds 2 dd a newborn and my ex husband worked out of town Monday thru Friday. Lol. You do what you've gotta do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I had my 3rd when my older two were 2 and 3, we made it through fine lol. I was even working from home full time as well ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I remember those days like they were yesterday. As far as ADHD, I totally understand, my oldest was diagnosed last year with it and I do not medicate. It's constant redirection and of course giving them quiet times to calm down. He has gotten it under control, now it's the focus part he struggles with.

Quoting trishasjunebug:

See I wish my 4 year old would listen, I'm pretty sure he has ADHD he's very hard to control at times and he has a very hard time listening :( He gets so overly active at times that it's almost impossible to get him to calm down! My 1 year old is popping out 6 teeth at the moment so he's constantly crying and glued to my feet all day and my 1 month old is well, a baby lol so she's usually right in my arms all day everyday. I can not find a single moment to myself anymore even when I use the bathroom they follow me in there and usually I'm still holding the baby lol!

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katherine84
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I have 4 kids, my oldest ds is 5 and the baby is 5 months. I homeschool my oldest. My dh works 12 hour shifts 6 days a week. That's a little over 70 hours. I also take care of my bedridden grandfather when the part time nurse is off.

I have a schedule posted. My whole day is counted for down to the min.! That's the only way I have figured out how to do it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmama411
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I used to feel that way, I have a 5 and 7 year old now and they aren't very hard. When they were a newborn and 2, or 1 and 3, I was a sahm and my husband has always worked out of town during the week (still does). He is only home on weekends. This year my 5 year old started to school and I went back to school, so things are just crazy in a different way. Not nearly as exhausting though. I get plenty of "me" time now and it makes a big difference. Do you have family around that would babysit like once a week so you could get some alone time? It would make a big difference. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)