Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just have to stop watching the news...

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
  • 46 Replies
4 moms liked this
And stop thinking about the Conn. Shooting. :'( I get so worked up crying. Just the mere thought of loosing my kids about kills me. Hearing about those parents, my heart truly breaks for them.

Ive cried so much in the.past two days its insane. I think just not thinking about it will help and I can pull down my emotions. :'( no matter what its just beyond a heartbreaking tradgedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I know,  last night I watched a father talk about his dd that was killed. I sat there and cried like a baby then i went and held my dd even though she was sleeping. I don't think I would ever be able to recover from loosing her.

Theirmamma0810
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I agree, so sad. Watching that dad talk about his daughter was heartbreaking. I can't stand to watch anymore, its just too much.

I could barely get to sleep last night.

Theirmamma0810
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I agree, I don't think I would ever be able to recover from losing either of my children.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

I know,  last night I watched a father talk about his dd that was killed. I sat there and cried like a baby then i went and held my dd even though she was sleeping. I don't think I would ever be able to recover from loosing her.

greengreengrass
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I live about half hour away from the shooting and that day was so scary. No body knew if there were more than one shooter or if a shooter got away and was out there somewhere. My kids school was on lock down and every time an ambulance or police siren went off I started to panic. I can only imagine what the parents in newtown felt like, I cried all day. I was lucky enough to have my kids come home safe from school but my heart aches for those parents who weren't so lucky :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Chantell on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Ii cried. when I read all the names. of the children. and. there ages.they were just babies. :( I try to not watch the new to much. cuse its to heart. breaking :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grace0409
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I know how you feel. My son is the same age as a lot of those kids and it breaks my heart! I couldnt imagine sending my kiddos to school and not ever seeing them or kissing them or hugging them ever again. I cant even get on facebook anymore because they are now posting pictures of all these little kids and its killing me.. Although there was one thing on there this morning when I hoped on.. I will post if for everyone to see..

Random act of kindness: A woman shopping at the Boscov's in Altoona tells us when she got to her car, she found a Christmas card on her windshield. The card contained $10 and a note that read: "This act of kindness is in memory of a child," in reference to the tragedy in Ct. The woman tells us she broke down in tears at the thoughtfulness of it.

This was posted on the news facebook page.. It made me cry but it was sweet that some people still have a heart!

missamanda86
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I had to make Dh turn the news off last night. we were watching it, and our daughter (5) started asking questions, and to explain why a man killed kids...well we just couldnt find the right words for her to understand. What made it worse, is that at bedtime, she kept coming in my room saying 'a bad man is coming to get me' :(

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM

it is a tradegy. i keep thinking about it, too. :(

chrtymcdnl
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting missamanda86:

I had to make Dh turn the news off last night. we were watching it, and our daughter (5) started asking questions, and to explain why a man killed kids...well we just couldnt find the right words for her to understand. What made it worse, is that at bedtime, she kept coming in my room saying 'a bad man is coming to get me' :(

Oh no, that's terrible! 

missamanda86
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I dont even have the right words to make her understand what happened, let alone that. The good thing is we live on a 2nd floor apartment, so if someone wanted in, they'd have to work for it lol

Quoting chrtymcdnl:

Quoting missamanda86:

Oh no, that's terrible! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)