Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I just have to stop watching the news...

And stop thinking about the Conn. Shooting. :'( I get so worked up crying. Just the mere thought of loosing my kids about kills me. Hearing about those parents, my heart truly breaks for them.

Ive cried so much in the.past two days its insane. I think just not thinking about it will help and I can pull down my emotions. :'( no matter what its just beyond a heartbreaking tradgedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I don't have cable except for internet on my cell phone & that's how learned about the tragedy that happened. I cried & I can't stop thinking about them :'( My thoughts & prayers are with them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

This whole thing was sad.  Christmas presents bought for their kids.  Now are planning their funerals.  It made me cry a bit.  But I think it is over kill on this on the news.  I can see updates once in a while.If there is something new to tell.  But it has been non stop with this. Yet the news says sheild our kids from the news. Well it's almost unavoidable the kids not see the news or hear of this.  No if our son was young.  I'd not shield him from the news.  I'd be open with him. Allowing him to ask questions. I'd answer them best I could.  But he's 23 and living on his own.  So he's at an age to deal with this on his own.

BeachLifeMama
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I feel your pain. I've been crying especially watching the news or seeing it online. I tried to avoid it as well because it makes me sad and think about those innocent children, thinking what if one of them was my 6 y/o daughter. I'm so speechless with sorrow. My heart continues to go out to the families and loved ones affected by the tragedy.

Mommabearsfirst
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I'm right there with ya.My daughter is only three mths old and I can't imagine her ever going to school or on a school bus just so I could keep her safe and protect my baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:00 AM

It is making me nervous about tomorrow.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Whats towmorrow?

Quoting TexasWife:

It is making me nervous about tomorrow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM

In some ways I am very thankful that I dont have any TV here at our house. I have to be careful when I hear about it. It overwhelms me with saddness at all of the loss too. I just tell myself that I will allow myself to feel that loss at another time

LisaSmock
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I agree I saw pic if the kids ooh I can't even think about losing my child. Those poor kids and their poor mom's and dad's . I would kill myself if my son was killed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this

This brought a fresh wave of tears to me. I love it, I am going to do it on Thursday.

Quoting Grace0409:

I know how you feel. My son is the same age as a lot of those kids and it breaks my heart! I couldnt imagine sending my kiddos to school and not ever seeing them or kissing them or hugging them ever again. I cant even get on facebook anymore because they are now posting pictures of all these little kids and its killing me.. Although there was one thing on there this morning when I hoped on.. I will post if for everyone to see..

Random act of kindness: A woman shopping at the Boscov's in Altoona tells us when she got to her car, she found a Christmas card on her windshield. The card contained $10 and a note that read: "This act of kindness is in memory of a child," in reference to the tragedy in Ct. The woman tells us she broke down in tears at the thoughtfulness of it.

This was posted on the news facebook page.. It made me cry but it was sweet that some people still have a heart!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

MomTiara19
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:30 AM

I am a half hour away from the crime and I have done nothing but cry.The president was here yesterday.Everywhere I go people are talking about it or weeping.One of the adult victims grew up in my town and we are having a vigil this week.It is all so heartbreaking:(.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)